Best place for wine stop between Fll and Port Everglades

khoff413

We are going right from our flight to the port and dont't want to risk bringing two bottles of wine in our luggage. Any good place to have taxi/uber stop on the way?

Either Crown Liquor or Total Wine both on Cordova, one north and one south of 17th. Uber is best bet, IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either Crown Liquor or Total Wine both on Cordova, one north and one south of 17th. Uber is best bet, IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these in Cape Canaveral? I am staying at Homewood Suites and need to get wine as well. Thanks!!!

Are these in Cape Canaveral? I am staying at Homewood Suites and need to get wine as well. Thanks!!!

Our first cruise was out of Cape Canaveral. We stayed at a Hampton, maybe three miles south of you. Lot's of stores selling wine around there.

If you have a car, there is a Total Wine about 12 miles away.

Viera Shops

2302 Harnett Drive

Melbourne, Florida, 32940

Our first cruise was out of Cape Canaveral. We stayed at a Hampton, maybe three miles south of you. Lot's of stores selling wine around there.

If you have a car, there is a Total Wine about 12 miles away.

Viera Shops

2302 Harnett Drive

Melbourne, Florida, 32940

How was the Hampton? I have reservations there in April.

How was the Hampton? I have reservations there in April.

I would certainly stay there again. It was clean. Easy access to the beach. Good breakfast. Interesting layout. The Inn is oriented on a diagonal towards the beach. Every room faces towards the beach. Nice balcony. When you exit the elevator, you walk to the left a few feet and there is a walkway that accesses all the rooms. From the walkway, we could see our cruise ship. Long ways away, but we could pick out our ship.

We flew into Orlando and took a rental car to the port. We kept it overnight so we had local transportation. We dropped the car on the way to the port and took their shuttle to the ship. Shuttle back to the rental place. Rental car back to Orlando. The rental car places are a zoo on days with arriving/departing ships. Lots of people turning in cars and renting cars. But the rental car is the way to go.

• 1 month later...
We are going right from our flight to the port and dont't want to risk bringing two bottles of wine in our luggage. Any good place to have taxi/uber stop on the way?

I would Uber to Port Everglades, hand your bags off to the port, then have Uber take you to Total Wine in the Harbor Shops and drop you off. That way you could take your time looking over their vast inventory, go next door to Publix Grocery Store for anything and maybe even walk around the rest of the shopping center. When you're ready to go back to the ship just summons Uber again.