25th Wedding Anniversary on Reflection

kjmvacation

Feb 14th is our 25th Wedding Anniversary, and we are in an Aft facing C1 cabin on the Reflection, visiting Grand Cayman port that specific day... anyone have any ideas of how I can make this day special/over the top for my wife?

The whole cruise was a surprise, and is now out and is an "anniversary cruise" obviously - we're doing a few excursions/things at each port, but really wondering how I can make this day really stand out. Getting married on Valentine's Day has always upped the ante, meaning I've got to do a combo of both V-day and the Anniversary, but now I really want to do something special for this special Valentine and Anniversary. She's a pretty amazing woman and deserves the best... if for nothing else, just for putting up with me!

Don't really want to just visit the tourist trap "Hell" in grand Cayman, and have her tell everyone we've been to "Hell" and back for our anniversary. :)

Anyone have some really great experiences or celebrations that stand out to you- I'm not above stealing your ideas! Thanks for any ideas.

Feb 14th is our 25th Wedding Anniversary, and we are in an Aft facing C1 cabin on the Reflection, visiting Grand Cayman port that specific day... anyone have any ideas of how I can make this day special/over the top for my wife?

She's a pretty amazing woman and deserves the best... if for nothing else, just for putting up with me!

Don't really want to just visit the tourist trap "Hell" in grand Cayman, and have her tell everyone we've been to "Hell" and back for our anniversary. :)

Anyone have some really great experiences or celebrations that stand out to you- I'm not above stealing your ideas! Thanks for any ideas.

Make prior arrangements with Celebrity to have your wedding vows renowed by the Captain and Senior Officers (fee associated with this). Dine in Murano with a fine bottle of wine to mark this wonderful celebration.

I am quite confident that whatever you do for your wife she will greatly appreciate it. Happy 25th and many more to come.

Make prior arrangements with Celebrity to have your wedding vows renowed by the Captain and Senior Officers (fee associated with this). Dine in Murano with a fine bottle of wine to mark this wonderful celebration.

I am quite confident that whatever you do for your wife she will greatly appreciate it. Happy 25th and many more to come.

Thanks so much! :)

We were on the Millennium in Alaska and dined the Tuscan Grill and someone asked about birthdays, mine was a few weeks past, DW's was coming up in a week. They surprised her with a cake for desert...and then there was some confusion and they delivered another cake to our cabin.....so yes, tell them it is a special day and they will help make it more special.

We were on the Millennium in Alaska and dined the Tuscan Grill and someone asked about birthdays, mine was a few weeks past, DW's was coming up in a week. They surprised her with a cake for desert...and then there was some confusion and they delivered another cake to our cabin.....so yes, tell them it is a special day and they will help make it more special.

That cake idea is nice- she's definitely a dessert girl. She sometimes prefers dessert over the main dish! Do I just make mention of our anniversary when I'm booking restaurant reservations?

Edited by kjmvacation

Congrats on your 25th! We are also Valentine's Day anniversary folk - ours is #20 this year. (Wow, would I change my wedding date, if I could. Not change husbands, just the wedding date! Marrying on a holiday = cray cray. ;) ) We will be on Reflection (first time) in March to celebrate (eastern route).

Check out Bimmer09's review that is just starting. He had your route. He does a fantastic job of taking you along on his trip - in a bon vivant style! - and he is such a gentleman. I am sure he may give you some ideas, and you could also send a message directly to him.

Kimberly

OP, I have no suggestions for you (we're actually in the same "25 year anniversary boat" for our November cruise) but I hope that you have a very special cruise. What a good husband you are!

I'll be paying attention to this thread and refer my husband to it.:D

Congratulations we are on the same cruise. Murano has the special Valentine menu that night. Times are filing up I looked last night and after 6 and before 8:30 are sold out now. Since we don't get into Cayman until 10 would defintley start with a leisurely balcony breakfast maybe a couple mimosas while enjoying the ocean view. We will celebrate 33 years the 13th so don't make the rest of us anniversary guys look too bad ok.

Happy 25th wedding anniversary!

If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, you can ask her/him to add the anniversary celebration to your reservation and provide the dare you want to celebrate. They will bring a special dessert to your table after dinner.

I have done this for my DH birthday last year as well as our upcoming anniversary and my birthday celebrations on future cruises.

Enjoy your cruise. May you create many wonderful memories on this cruise and during your next 25 years together.

We will celebrating 60th on our cruise April 24th ( JAZZ FESTIVAL ) & would like to surprise the wife by renewing our vows on board ship. How do I go about doing that?? Who do I contact?. We will be on the Equinox April 24 to May5.

george35

We will celebrating 60th on our cruise April 24th ( JAZZ FESTIVAL ) & would like to surprise the wife by renewing our vows on board ship. How do I go about doing that?? Who do I contact?. We will be on the Equinox April 24 to May5.

george35

CONGRATULATIONS. Here is the link with the info. Once you open it scroll through to page 11. All of the information including the cost is there for you. This link is from the Celebrity website itself (hope it will be left here for you to view). Should it be deleted (not sure if it falls within the parameters of CC or not) then contact Celebrity via phone and they will direct you to the correct department.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/89758139#/89758139/11

Happy 25th wedding anniversary!

If you booked your cruise through a travel agent' date=' you can ask her/him to add the anniversary celebration to your reservation and provide the dare you want to celebrate. They will bring a special dessert to your table after dinner.

I have done this for my DH birthday last year as well as our upcoming anniversary and my birthday celebrations on future cruises.[/quote']

Congrats! :) Just a head's up - you may have to tell several people, several times if you want this to happen. I tried to schedule this last year for my DH's birthday (adding the request to my reservation in advance) and they didn't bring the cake out. (I even called down to MDR that afternoon and reminded them to be safe - they said they'd make a note of it on our reservation. No cake, no "happy birthday". Tried finding someone to ask after we hit dessert and it was clear they didn't get the message or forgot. But wouldn't you know, every time I tried to find server, he was in kitchen or gone somewhere and I couldn't keep making excuses to leave the table. I really didn't care about the cake - just wanted a little fuss made - a "happy birthday" wish, since it was just the two of us traveling w/no other friends/family.

A little bummed out, but no huge deal. (rest of cruise was awesome.):D But moral of story: be persistent to make sure it happens!

Edited by Flafun888

That date will fill up quickly if you want to go to a Specialty Restaurant. I would suggest Murano as that is real special. If you are not able to book now, I would book as soon as you board.

As mentioned, you should also let the maitre d' know of your special celebration. You may get a special cake!

Bring a few birthday decorations with you; speak to your cabin attendant a day or 2 ahead and ask if he/she can hang or place them in your cabin while you are at breakfast.

I did this last year and the cabin attendant added some decorations and also had a Happy Birthday sign on the cabin door. DH was quite surprised when we came back from breakfast.

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary! We too will be celebrating, only our 23rd this Valentine's Day. :)

We cruised over our 20th and one thing my DH did was to order me a very beautiful wrist corsage from the ships florist. They no longer have a tiny florist shop on board but they do still offer the service. I would check at guest services in advance on how to order.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. I'm sure what ever you do she will love it. Breakfast on the balcony would be great, but what about a couples massage or some other spa services? Dinner and cake at Muranos and after an evening out how about a special toast with champagne (or her favorite drink) out on the balcony again. Also flowers and her favorite chocolates if she likes that. We also got married on Valentine's Day. This year will be our 30th.

Jane2357, what are you doing up this early? :D That was the great cruise we met on.