Carnival Vista vs Royal Harmony of The Seas with 5 Year Old Boy

ThandiChai

...my point was Tapi routinely dismissed the Vista (and he did).

Woah, I never dismissed the Vista. I think it looks wonderful and I would have no problems sailing on her. Yes, the kids program doesn't look as elaborate as the one found on Oasis ships but it still looks great and I'm sure that my kids would be throughly entertained. The only thing that I've said about Vista that may be interpreted as negative is that it doesn't have any Cloud 9 balcony staterooms for families (it seems like Carnival shoved most family balcony staterooms down to deck 2). Vista seems to have some neat new features, but because Carnival takes a more conservative approach with their new ship designs, that translates into less dramatic changes, which is the point that I was trying to make earlier.

The only ship that I was very vocal about in a negative way was Sunshine (and you and I locked horns about it a few times), primarily because it was advertised as a brand new ship which I considered to be very deceptive on Carnival's part. I believe that it was a botched makeover that looked nice but had severe shortcomings that were evident from the moment it arrived in the US. But Vista? I would have NO problems booking that ship! I believe that it's a ship that I would truly enjoy! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi

Woah, I never dismissed the Vista. I think it looks wonderful and I would have no problems sailing on her. Yes, the kids program doesn't look as elaborate as the one found on Oasis ships but it still looks great and I'm sure that my kids would be throughly entertained. The only thing that I've said about Vista that may be interpreted as negative is that it doesn't have any Cloud 9 balcony staterooms for families (it seems like Carnival shoved most family balcony staterooms down to deck 2). Vista seems to have some neat new features, but because Carnival takes a more conservative approach with their new ship designs, that translates into less dramatic changes, which is the point that I was trying to make earlier.

The only ship that I was very vocal about in a negative way was Sunshine (and you and I locked horns about it a few times), primarily because it was advertised as a brand new ship which I considered to be very deceptive on Carnival's part. I believe that it was a botched makeover that looked nice but had severe shortcomings that were evident from the moment it arrived in the US. But Vista? I would have NO problems booking that ship! I believe that it's a ship that I would truly enjoy! [emoji3]

Maybe I read into "...... leaves anything Carnival has in the dust". Moot point as the op made their decision. We are fine... still hope to sail with you someday (on any cruise line).

Sent from my iPhone

...still hope to sail with you someday (on any cruise line).

Disney is next. You have 9 months to go [emoji23]

Edited by Tapi

Thanks everyone I called to book harmony the offer for CA residents is not there any more and the prices have gone up $800 :( went ahead and made reservation on Vista I hope it will be a good experience

Darn....nobody likes loosing the choice and I am a dreamer about going but have been around a long time...way too long since my last Carnival Spirit cruise in 2012...and it was not as good as last and first Carnival Brand cruise, Paradise, in 2009...mostly because spirit was headed down to Aussie land and was short on so much that 5 day Easter cruise..using older safe food stores etc. I am sure...I would not hesitate to try Carnival again now....not one bit after all good reviews..but do think probably Royal is a hare fancier and you pay more usually for it.

I think you are getting Carnival's soon to be almost newest and it is just more simple..and age 5 will be fine with it and maybe "get" more of it on a deal you can catch next time on Royal...stay an extra day or two there to even out the day loss....if you can. I have always LOVED the land portion of a cruise trip .. even the one evening needed from the sticks...

PS..would just love to sail with so many here...including Tapi and Jimbo

Edited by sjn911

Darn....nobody likes loosing the choice and I am a dreamer about going but have been around a long time...way too long since my last Carnival Spirit cruise in 2012...and it was not as good as last and first Carnival Brand cruise, Paradise, in 2009...mostly because spirit was headed down to Aussie land and was short on so much that 5 day Easter cruise..using older safe food stores etc. I am sure...I would not hesitate to try Carnival again now....not one bit after all good reviews..but do think probably Royal is a hare fancier and you pay more usually for it.

I think you are getting Carnival's soon to be almost newest and it is just more simple..and age 5 will be fine with it and maybe "get" more of it on a deal you can catch next time on Royal...stay an extra day or two there to even out the day loss....if you can. I have always LOVED the land portion of a cruise trip .. even the one evening needed from the sticks...

PS..would just love to sail with so many here...including Tapi and Jimbo

Agree on all points. Sarah, feel the same way, the three of us need to make that happen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But in my humble opinion, what we experienced on Allure (Harmony's sister) in regards to the children's program blew us away. It was beyond fantastic.

I haven't been on Vista either, but based on what I've seen/read and my experience on Oasis - the kids program on Oasis was amazing, as you say. It's HUGE. Science room, movie theater, all sorts of things.

Plus, the ship is simply amazing. Oasis class is a home run in just about every respect. Even the shows are awesome with a ton of variety - aquatheater diving show, ice show, big stage shows, etc.

We were deciding between Vista and Harmony for Oct and Harmony was a no-brainer. Though we will probably try Vista next year I think.