Allure of the Seas - Dining Question from a new RCL cruiser

So - when I got the booking from my travel agent back in October - she said that we had a nightly 8:30pm dining reservation at a table for 6. It is just my husband and I - so I am assuming we are sitting with other guests on the ship? Will we be sitting with those same guests every night? Also - does this dinner take place in the main dining room (which haven't been receiving the best reviews as of late ..)?

Asking these questions before we leave on Feb 5th. If I don't like the answers - then I'll get dinner reservations booked online before we set sail! We have 2 dinner reservations already (Chops Grille and Chef's Table) but I don't want to eat 5 nights in a sub-par MDR if I don't have to! :)

Thx in advance for any help and insight.

Food tastes vary wildly. The last time I was hunting cruise info (5+ years ago) I heard how the food had gone down hill and it was barely edible and others said it was great, and we liked it fine. It was as good as food prepared for 1000k people a sitting can be. You may like it and you may not, without knowing your personal preferences I don't think anyone will be able to say for certain, I'm equally sure other folks here will respond both ways.

I would say give it a shot, if you don't like it explore other options, there are plenty on Allure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by daze6399

So - when I got the booking from my travel agent back in October - she said that we had a nightly 8:30pm dining reservation at a table for 6. It is just my husband and I - so I am assuming we are sitting with other guests on the ship? Will we be sitting with those same guests every night? Also - does this dinner take place in the main dining room (which haven't been receiving the best reviews as of late ..)?

Asking these questions before we leave on Feb 5th. If I don't like the answers - then I'll get dinner reservations booked online before we set sail! We have 2 dinner reservations already (Chops Grille and Chef's Table) but I don't want to eat 5 nights in a sub-par MDR if I don't have to! :)

We'll be doing the Chef's table on our March 12th Allure cruise. Please post how it was when you return from your cruise!

Yes...traditional seating will have the same tablemates nightly....we LOVE that! We look forward to dinner, so we can "catch up" with our new friends! Just like you, your tablemates may have alternate dining plans some nights, so there may not be 6 at the table nightly.

It's nice, if you know in advance, to let your tablemates know if you won't be there the next evening...that way, they won't be awaiting your presence!

she said that we had a nightly 8:30pm dining reservation at a table for 6.

I will just add, that is is what she asked for and I'd say there is a fair chance you will get something else, 4-10 at a table, or a table for two. If you have ever tried to do dinner seating for a wedding reception you know how sometimes late cancelations and additions force changes?

Yes...traditional seating will have the same tablemates nightly....we LOVE that! We look forward to dinner, so we can "catch up" with our new friends! Just like you, your tablemates may have alternate dining plans some nights, so there may not be 6 at the table nightly.

It's nice, if you know in advance, to let your tablemates know if you won't be there the next evening...that way, they won't be awaiting your presence!

Here is an area where we agree. Definitely let your waiter or dining mates know if you aren't going to make it. It helps.

Somewhat off topic, but related...in order to book dining online and shows in cruise planner, is payment required in full? Thanks!

Originally we were told that the only dining for our 4/2/17 sailing was late dining so we took that. We were not wait listed for MTD. Sometime in December we called and they said we could have MTD. We then made all our MTD reservations online in our cruise planner. Final payment was due 1/2/17. About a week after that we went back into the CP and entertainment opened for reservations so we booked all our shows in conjunction with our dining times. In 1-2 cases we actually tweaked the previous MTD reservations to work better with the shows we reserved..

Edited by martyap