First Time using Port Canaveral

loungingBear85

whats up everyone!

We have a cruise booked for Oct 16, 2017 to the Bahamas leaving Port. Canaveral (Monday-Friday) with Royal Caribbean. I have a few questions i would like some help with.

Before you asked here our quick 411:

Young couple in our early 30's

No kids on this trip

We both drink / I love cigars she doesn't yet lol

we have this time frame off ( Friday 10/13 - Sunday 10/22 )

WE are not want to renting a car

Questions:

Any hotels you recommend in the Port Canaveral area or any near by hotels in neighboring cities ?

Any good restaurants ?

best way of transportation (to/from hotel,Port and etc.)

Any good cigar spots?

THANK YOU in advance and stay cruising friends!

first suggestion is to investigate the search function

every week the same question is asked and every week pretty much the same answers come up ...

one reply I could type right now will have less info/opinion that the 20 posts you could find from the past few weeks using search.

here's a quick reply

The four places closest to the port

Quality Inn and Suites

Residence Inn

Radisson at the Port

and brand new Homewood Suites

all these are within 1/2 mile of the "Cove" area of the port with several rest' / bar places including

Grills

Fishlips

Rusty's

Millikan Reef

as well as places away from waterside like

Kelsey's Family Pizza

Zachery's Family Restaurant

Preacher's Bar

just a lil ways down the road is all of Cocoa Beach with many more options .....

try search and you'll find MANY discussions about why any one of these is or is not good .....

portcanav.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ

We did a similar cruise in October. We stayed at the Best Western in Cocoa Beach. Great hotel, friendly staff. Call the hotel and ask about the Fly and Cruise program. They can get you a shuttle to and from MCO and to and from the ship for just 88$ per couple. From the Best Western there is a nice bar called the Ale House, a Publix Grocery store, a Japanese Steak House and tons of other eateries in walking distance. Plus you are right at the cocoa beach pier. I highly recommend it. This trip next month I am renting a car and staying at the Radisson at the Port because my flight comes in early. But the Best Western was amazing they even let us store our luggage when we returned for a few hours so we could go to the beach.

The "Best" transportation option is a stretch limo with stocked bar! :D

If you do not want to rent a car then shared shuttles are probably the most economical way to get from MCO to PC/Cocoa Beach - Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Travelynx are often suggested. Use the same services to get back to MOX after your cruise.

The "Best" transportation option is a stretch limo with stocked bar! :D

If you do not want to rent a car then shared shuttles are probably the most economical way to get from MCO to PC/Cocoa Beach - Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Travelynx are often suggested. Use the same services to get back to MOX after your cruise.

I want a stretch Camaro having a nice scrotch on the rocks waiting for me lol.

We sail from PC in April, I'm not interested in the Camaro but I'm always looking for a good scrotch on my rocks, let me know what us know what you find! :D

I don't set sail till oct so I still have some way to go but let me know what you find friend hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jenn, we will be traveling with young children, is there any places to eat within walking distance?

within walking distance of???????

If you stay at the popular port 4 (Radisson, Comfort, Residence, Homewood)

Kelsey's Pizza and Italian is family friendly and a place I like A LOT ...... and a short walk

the Greek Salad is HUGE and the pizza tasty.... I LOVE their Chik Parm' dinner

It was where I asked to go for my b'day most recently

within walking distance of???????

If you stay at the popular port 4 (Radisson, Comfort, Residence, Homewood)

Kelsey's Pizza and Italian is family friendly and a place I like A LOT ...... and a short walk

the Greek Salad is HUGE and the pizza tasty.... I LOVE their Chik Parm' dinner

It was where I asked to go for my b'day most recently

Opps, sorry Capt :o we will be staying at Best Western in Cocoa Beach. Yummy... I love chicken parm!!! Is Kelsey's too far to walk??

There is a Publix shopping center across the street. Floridian's love Publix subs. There is a new brew pub going into that shopping center. You are also within walking distance of an Ale House and the Cocoa Beach pier. You won't starve in that area. :)

There is a Publix shopping center across the street. Floridian's love Publix subs. There is a new brew pub going into that shopping center. You are also within walking distance of an Ale House and the Cocoa Beach pier. You won't starve in that area. :)

I'm from CT and I love publix food period lol ( Floridian by heart )

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice! Thanks hcw. :D We don't have a Publix in our area but have heard of them.

We're cruising out of PC in September. Flying down from NJ Friday night or Saturday morning (haven't finalized those details yet) and want to spend the night(s) in the area prior to our Sunday departure.

Love the thought of the Fly & Cruise option from the Best Western in Cocoa Beach. Having someone pick us up at the airport, drive us to the hotel then the pier is awesome. Do all the area hotels offer this? Will this same service bring us back to the airport when the cruise returns?

Second question...is there a liquor store nearby? We are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board with us, and we do not want to check them in luggage for the flight down. Hoping that there is somewhere close. Here in NJ there are very few groceries that sell alcohol too; does the Publix that was mentioned in prior posts?

Thanks!

We're cruising out of PC in September.

Second question...is there a liquor store nearby? We are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board with us, and we do not want to check them in luggage for the flight down. Hoping that there is somewhere close. Here in NJ there are very few groceries that sell alcohol too; does the Publix that was mentioned in prior posts?

Thanks!

Yes. Publix sells wine and beer. I am not a drinker, but I think there might be a liquor store attached to this Publix. Also, most drug stores sell wine and beer as we are a tourist area.