Nassau Resort Day Pass

cruisenovice2017

First time cruisers going in April. Will be in Nassau from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and wanting to get the most bang for our buck. Of the three listed (Hilton, Breezes, or Sandals) which one is a good place to start? Pros/cons of each? It looks like Sandals may be the furthest away, while Breezes gives you the most bang for your buck, but Hilton is within walking distance and you get a nice food/drink voucher. I need help from cruise veterans!!

common scam in Nassau is for taxi drivers to offer to get you a discounted day pass for places they know a security guard or two. I make a habit to tell them I booked and paid for it online. Just thought I'd offer that.

I did all three that you ask about and thought Breezes was best.

At the time I went, Hilton was $25/each but I thought the beach was crappy, pool needed some work and I really didn't want to spend the day staring at the cruise ship. Overall, as a guest I felt like the staff didn't want me there.

Sandals was crowded, might just have been my timing in January. I couldn't get a chair near the pool and just did not like the day pass experience there. It's been amazing in other ports but for some reason my experience that day was not so great.

Breezes was really great. I will definitely go back there.

Can you reserve the Hilton online or do you just walk up the day you are in port? How expensive are the drinks/food? Are you able to stretch the voucher at all or does it get eaten up after one meal and drink? Also, is the voucher per person or per group?

In 2013 we walked up and bought our passes. It's $60pp, and as previously mentioned, $45pp of that is for food. It stretches a good bit; my wife and I each had a sandwich and I had several beers and only cost myself a few extra bucks. I agree with previous posters in that the Hilton is a short walk away from the ships. There is a hut you can rent mask/snorkel, floating air mattress, etc., but no jet ski's like you might rent at the other, bigger resorts. There is a pool and changing rooms with showers, as well as covered chairs and palapas on the beach. Overall, we really enjoyed our time there. We went there as soon as we got off the ship and spent the morning hanging out, had lunch, and then once we felt we'd gotten our $60 worth we walked from there to the Watlings rum distillery and the Grey Cliff cigar factory. Enjoy!

The British Colonial Hilton is nice, but Cable Beach is better for a day pass.

The Melia and Breezes are good options. See websites.

Hi April,

Just wondering if Breezes is all inclusive? Maybe that would be a better choice than Melia, for my husband and I. Drinks and/or food??

Thanks

Hi April,

Just wondering if Breezes is all inclusive? Maybe that would be a better choice than Melia, for my husband and I. Drinks and/or food??

Thanks

Yes, Breezes is all-inclusive. Drinks, food and non-motorized watersports. For lunch, there's an indoor buffet and also a grill outside by the pool.

Thanks. How about snorkeling? Is it nice enough to haul down my own gear?

We didn't snorkel while we were there but I would say don't bother. Shore snorkeling is not very good in Nassau. Maybe if you walk down towards Melia and find a jetty, you might see a few fish. The watersports are nice though. We took a sailboat out. They also had kayaks.

We didn't snorkel while we were there but I would say don't bother. Shore snorkeling is not very good in Nassau. Maybe if you walk down towards Melia and find a jetty, you might see a few fish. The watersports are nice though. We took a sailboat out. They also had kayaks.

Thanks, Crow. Sounds like it's not worth the trouble to haul it down.