Mobile Passport Ap

Elevatorman

I am using the Mobile Passport, approved by Customs and Border Protection for the first time . It is now accepted when entering the country at Port Everglades after a cruise.

It was easy to follow the instructions once I opened the Ap on my smartphone. It doesn't take the place of your passport, but the customs questions are now on your phone, and you send the form when you dock, and they send you a receipt . Follow the arrows in the terminal, you just show your passport and they scan your receipt, and it should be the quickest line!!!

Thanks. Just went to Google Play and told it to install to my phone and tablet. :)

Will check it out later but wondering how it works.

Wondering if you can supply a bit more info:

Can I use it on my device for myself and my wife both or does she need to get it as well?

Since it is accepted in Port Everglades is it usable in San Pedro and other major ports (SF) as well?

Edited by Thrak

Thanks. Just went to Google Play and told it to install to my phone and tablet. :)

Will check it out later but wondering how it works.

Wondering if you can supply a bit more info:

Can I use it on my device for myself and my wife both or does she need to get it as well?

Since it is accepted in Port Everglades is it usable in San Pedro and other major ports (SF) as well?

Yes it's just like that blue form, one family member for all you travel with. There is a list of ports and airports on the website

I am still trying to wrap my head around why I paid $100.00 and went through the hassle for Global Entry when this seems to do the same thing or maybe better?

I did GE as well and brought my card to Port Ever terminal. With using mobile passport app and getting the GE line, we were thru customs in 5 min.

As an aside, I wanted TSA precheck more and the GE was only $15 extra. Living in DC made it easy to interview

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any idea if it works at all ports? Or just at PE?

As an aside, this is another way technology is taking away jobs. Need people to process the paper forms, not as many needed when it's digital.

Edited by SadieN

Came off of the Royal Princess on 20 December, and despite setting up the mobile app, including a required download while still on the ship to get the latest version, when we got into the immigration building at Port Everglades (the primary one Princess uses)...

... it was not supported on that day.

Other than that it is easy to setup myself and spouse, and filling out the entry form (less questions than on the written form).

Interesting idea if it worked.

Edited by Times Prince

Any idea if it works at all ports? Or just at PE?

As an aside, this is another way technology is taking away jobs. Need people to process the paper forms, not as many needed when it's digital.

Found the answer. Only at PE for the time being.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/new-mobile-passport-control-app-available

The Passport app can be used at many airports but only one cruise port, Port Everglades. Does anyone know at the airports do I use it only for flying out of the USA, such as Mexico, Canada, and Europe?

Candie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used it in terminal 18 in PE in November on our return. I had both of us on my phone and it was a pain as I had to zoom in the barcode scan it then a few swipes to get my wife's up and zoomed in. Next week I've set her phone up so we can have each of us all set.

I believe we still had to have our passports out and open for the agent to view. All and all I was not impressed as the line went very slow since everyone was struggling to scan and the agent wasn't helping at all, just taking people from the other line without the app.

I've heard people say they just zipped through so I will try one more time next week.

We used it at PE. There were 4 of us on one app and one of the princess port staff was assisting by doing the scanning as we showed our passports. I asked the agent what he thought of it - not a fan. Takes longer to process. But for those without GE it's a good option for the end of a cruise. We only tried it because one of our party didn't have GE while the rest did.

• 9 months later...

I have loaded the app on my phone even though we won't be returning to PE until Nov. 26. Can I safely enter Terminal 2 as where we will be returning? We've never sailed Princess, nor used the app before.

The questions are the ones you would normally answer on the form they give you the night before you debark ? Thanks, just want to get this set up correctly.

I have loaded the app on my phone even though we won't be returning to PE until Nov. 26. Can I safely enter Terminal 2 as where we will be returning? We've never sailed Princess, nor used the app before.

The questions are the ones you would normally answer on the form they give you the night before you debark ? Thanks, just want to get this set up correctly.

Yes, the Regal is the only Princess ship there on the 26th. She will be at terminal 2.