Caribbean Princess "The Sanctuary"

loosygoosy

The cost is $20/half day/lounger, $40/day/lounger and if you book the entire cruise, $30/day/lounger.

You book "your" lounger, i.e., you select the specific lounger and location (in the sun, in partial shade, facing the water, etc.) and that's your lounger for the duration you've booked. No one else can use that lounger and you can come and go as you please.

The loungers are large and very comfortable. Attendants bring you pillows, towels, blankets (as needed), iced towels, ice water, etc. You can order food ($3 delivery charge) and drinks (at regular prices) and the attendants will bring them to your lounger.

Afternoon tea is served at about 3:30pm every day with a selection of sandwiches, pastries, cookies, scones, jelly and tea.

Other than on the Coral, there is no pool in the Sanctuary although there is one nearby on all ships.

The Sanctuary isn't for everyone but I love it and book it on cruises with a lot of sea days. I no longer get balcony cabins but instead book oceanview or inside cabins and splurge on the Sanctuary.