Please Don't Flame-Senior Question

cruzeluver

Cotton, they're mostly for late bookings. Right now, there's nothing for Sr. rates after January. TA's do have access to the full list, since it's on Carnival's agent website.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Since they give Senior Discounts - Take them!! :D My mother won't even take her 25cent coffee, 15% off on Wednesdays at stores or whatever...she's in denial!! My father had to drag her kicking and screaming to the driving class thing so they could get a discount on their insurance!!

I say, if you qualify - Go For It!!! There have probably been plenty of years in your life that a little discount here and there would have probably been helpful (i.e. raising kids!?!) Now's your chance!!!

Hope you find a good deal! Happy Cruising!! :)

Yes they do give senior rates, and they do give them for many cruises. I booked one in September for a March 2006 Spirit cruise and saved $200 per person, so the above poster is incorrect. To easily check the senior rates you must either call Carnival direct or find an online site that actually gives the senior rate and links to Carnival when you check the senior box--many of them do not. To go to one I know works, go to the link marked "cruise agencies" on the top of this page (just under the swimming fish in the logo), select the second row of agencies, middle one. When you get to that site, do a quick search by line and destination, and then on the NEXT page, be sure to click the senior box on the left and click go. You will see significant differences in price.

When I moved to Florida at age 33 -- I got an AARP card within a few weeks of changing addresses, driver's license, etc ... FORTUNATELY, the state has gotten a little younger - but ouch, the winter residents have started to arrive, and the roads are getting crowded again. (what's that click, OH, left the blinker on, again).

Bill

Senior discounts are next best discount to military. They are usually better than past guest. Go for it. It doesn't matter whether you book early or late to get them as long as they are still available for your sailing.

Senior discounts are next best discount to military. They are usually better than past guest.

Very true. When I booked I received 50.00 off pp for past guest but received 110.00 off pp by booking my parents as seniors instead of past guests.

(PS>> Carnival didnt tell me about the senior citizen discount, I found it at one of the large online travel sites,and then told Carnival about the discount I found)

Laura

When I booked our cruise through a PVP she asked if either of us were over 55. I assumed that she asked this for the Sr. discount...

Man, when she figured out we were 50 she asked if any of us needed breathing assistance devices, wheel chairs.... We went through this whole question session.... If she just was not so nice I would have told her people that are 50 are really rather healthy, and do not have one foot in the grave just quite yet!

If it makes you feel any better, they ask about all the needs (or are supposed to) of all passengers making their first bookings with that line. It's not just an age thing, but many pax have special needs and these things require special handling on ship and might be overlooked unless specifically asked about.

Right now Carnival is offering $100 per person 55+ discount on the Feb 12 Conquest out of Galveston. They offer senior discount on lots of their cruises, at various times and for various amounts. We are sailing Feb 6 on Conquest and when we first checked there was no senior discount, then it was $100 per person, then it dropped to $50 per person, as it began to fill up. On the on line TA I use, they have a list of discounts on the left, you click on 55+, then they have you choose which cruise line, then they show you the cruises offering the senior discounts and there are always lots for Carnival.

Sorry if this has recently been answered, but does Carnival give senior discounts?

That's it, im flaming you. Bad Bad Bad cruzeluver. Someone's gotta do it. Wouldn't be CC if no one flamed you, now would it?? :p (tongue in cheek guys...) :D

Boy, that's kind of dumb to try to get away with a senior's discount when you have to show your passport or birth certificate to check in. Guess they thought Carnival wouldn't check.

what happened was these people did not know that a senior rate was given until they got to the pier. THe discount was written in the documents. goes to show you how people do not read the contracts when they receive them

I'm not an MCC or ECC or any other kind of travel agent, but I can go to an on-line travel agent site and find senior discounts in advance, including out into 2006. In fact, I did so on my next cruise, several months in advance and then booked it. Told friends, and they booked the senior discounts, through Carnival, 4 months in advance. Last year I booked through a local travel agent and he didn't mention a senior discount.

Archived