Do you eat at a special place after your cruise?

J&Dhighdesert

Thank you to both Alberta Quilter and Ruth C. for you answers/reminders re what Timmies is.

Duh, I have been to Canada on 4 different cruises and had shore excursions that stopped at Tim Hortons for coffee and donuts on each cruise except the first one.

I should have been able to put the 2 togather in my head. Must have been on one of my many "senior moments" feel really stupid days.:o

Waffle House. Yeah it's bad for you but always open and always cooked after you order it. I usually eat healthy stuff on the cruise and after a long day of travel I'm ready for a bacon cheeseburger hot off the flat top.

I often have a McDonald's Fish sandwich either right before or after a cruise, particularly if we have been away from "home" for a while. That is my own go-to US comfort food.

On the way home, airport or from down south, we frequently make a stop at "Pollo Loco", pretty sure you'll only find them in the south-west

Tim Hortons has tried for years to break into US markets. They flamed out fast in NYC , opening and closing quickly, food and coffee quality not up to NYC standards. We watched them try and fail in New England, they could not compete with DD and of course Starbucks. They do OK morning drive business in some midwestern markets, competing with low prices and speedy drive ups. From mid morning on traffic is dead, a relative looked into buying one then backed out. I'm seeing them a lot in US airports, they are OK but if we see DD on a sign we will find it.

Waffle House. Yeah it's bad for you but always open and always cooked after you order it. I usually eat healthy stuff on the cruise and after a long day of travel I'm ready for a bacon cheeseburger hot off the flat top.

Best scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, and toast you can find anywhere. We love going to WH and always order breakfast no matter the time of day or evening

Tim Hortons has tried for years to break into US markets. They flamed out fast in NYC , opening and closing quickly, food and coffee quality not up to NYC standards. We watched them try and fail in New England, they could not compete with DD and of course Starbucks. They do OK morning drive business in some midwestern markets, competing with low prices and speedy drive ups. From mid morning on traffic is dead, a relative looked into buying one then backed out. I'm seeing them a lot in US airports, they are OK but if we see DD on a sign we will find it.

The product in the US tastes different for some reason. We were delighted to see a TH open just a stone's throw from our timeshare in Maine. What we weren't prepared for was the totally different taste and consistency of the muffins. I think they cater to what they consider to be regional tastes.

Back before we started cruising and we used to head to Florida for a month we found that the same brand and same product in the States tasted different than it did in Canada. We used to take a number of things from home because we wanted the familiar taste.

Why TH took a winning formula in Canada and changed it in the US market is anybody's guess. We were quite disappointed as we love TH here at home. Starbucks cannot compete with TH here in the Maritimes. The only one in the downtown area of our city just closed a few months ago.

Edited by sapper1

After my husband read about the Waffle House Index during natural disasters, he decided he needs to go to a Waffle House. So I have been researching the closest Waffle House to where we will be before & after our cruise in December. He's almost more excited about that than the cruise!, especially after I told him they do pretty good hash browns.

The product in the US tastes different for some reason. We were delighted to see a TH open just a stone's throw from our timeshare in Maine. What we weren't prepared for was the totally different taste and consistency of the muffins. I think they cater to what they consider to be regional tastes.

Back before we started cruising and we used to head to Florida for a month we found that the same brand and same product in the States tasted different than it did in Canada. We used to take a number of things from home because we wanted the familiar taste.

Why TH took a winning formula in Canada and changed it in the US market is anybody's guess. We were quite disappointed as we love TH here at home. Starbucks cannot compete with TH here in the Maritimes. The only one in the downtown area of our city just closed a few months ago.

Interesting information. i like the muffins served here so the Canadian ones must be really good.