Do you eat at a special place after your cruise?

J&Dhighdesert

When my mother was alive, we'd always come home to fresh milk and eggs in the fridge and a note on the counter saying "Dinner at 6."

Now I have to go buy milk and eggs (and other groceries) myself, so it's back to cooking. But usually something simple and easy.

Most of the times we've cruised out of Miami or FLL, we've stayed in South Beach before the cruise. Breakfast with mimosas at the News Cafe became our pre-cruise ritual, but we don't have a post-cruise ritual.

My husband loves our post cruise cooking extravaganzas! I always come back inspired by the places we visited, ingredients picked up along the way and cooking classes in the CAC. It usually wears off and we go back to our usual recipes, but it does make the drudgery of post cruise life more enjoyable for a bit!

Any time we go to or through Florida, we always have Whataburger on the way in and out of Florida. They aren't as good as the Texas Whataburgers but they are heaven to a displaced Texan.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Ironic that you asked now. We are leaving next week for a few days pre-cruise and then a 10 day Caribbean cruise. I'm in the process of stocking the freezer with soup and a few comfort foods that I can easily defrost. After two weeks of restaurant and cruise food I look forward to something small, simple and homemade.

First meal at home, after a day of travel, will probably be a bowl of chicken soup.

Edited by baggal
spelling

We're fortunate in that we're usually home before most people clear airport security. Once we're unpacked, we'll hit the grocery store. But, so as to ease our way back into the regular world, we usually hit Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza on Federal Hwy (US Route 1.) The Federal Hwy location is Anthony's "mother ship" and well worth a stop.

By the time I'm heading home from a cruise, I'm craving a Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Unfortunately, by the time I hit my home airport, it's usually so late that the DD is closed for the night. :(

It's get in the house, listen to the cat yell at me for leaving her, then get some sleep. Coffee at home in the morning tastes sooo good.

By the time I'm heading home from a cruise, I'm craving a Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Unfortunately, by the time I hit my home airport, it's usually so late that the DD is closed for the night. :(

It's get in the house, listen to the cat yell at me for leaving her, then get some sleep. Coffee at home in the morning tastes sooo good.

Your post reminds me of a time about 6 years ago when we disembarked in Barcelona after a 12 day Med cruise. I had used the 12 days on board to go "cold turkey" off Diet Coke. But once I saw the McDonald's in the airport, it was a diet coke and fries before our flight home. Older and wiser, now I rarely have either but I can remember how much I enjoyed that treat.