Price drop ? re: reserved balcony guarantee

masonpips

I purchased a balcony guarantee on 5-6-17 Anthem. Someone on our roll call indicated a price drop. I went in and repriced and could save $88 which would cover our specialty restaurants!

However, we've been assigned a D4 - it was assigned the day after I booked. Will that make a difference? As in will they not honor the drop from a guarantee to an "assigned category/cabin" which is around the same price. Just curious. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got the difference! I don't know if prices changed again but we are now paying $121 less for the cruise. We reserved a guaranteed balcony and we're assigned a D7 (my mistake with D4 earlier) the next day. Were able to take advantage of the guarantee balcony price drop today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got the difference! I don't know if prices changed again but we are now paying $121 less for the cruise. We reserved a guaranteed balcony and we're assigned a D7 (my mistake with D4 earlier) the next day. Were able to take advantage of the guarantee balcony price drop today!

Excellent, thanks for reporting back.:)

For the love. I finally checked all my old "screenshots" of prices versus my "new" and talked to DH. When he called last week the lady actually sent us two confirmations. The first was her pricing (our then D7 balcony) with a "like" balcony and the price was higher. She got off the phone with him and then sent a second one that was the EXACT SAME PRICE as what I had booked.

So today, he called back again (final payment due Sunday) and we had to "release" our cabin and rebook (same confirmation number, all our reservations stayed the same) and we were back in a guarantee balcony. Before he got off the phone, she gave him the new cabin number and it IS a D5.

So we got the price drop, but had to call twice and release our assigned, back to a guarantee, and then got assigned a new cabin.

Case closed. I hope. LOL