Premium Restuarants

MikeD4134

When eating in the Main Dining Room, you are allowed to order as much as you want, 3 apps or 2 entrees, etc. When you eat at a premium restaurant, Pinnacle on HAL for example, is the policy the same or are you limited to 1 entrée?

It depends on the cruise line. For example on Carnival and NCL, you are limited to one entree.

I honestly cannot think of a reason to order more than one entree in any specialty restaurants as the portions are HUGE. Usually, after the appetizer, I struggle to have the entree and then barely can eat any dessert and I'm not even finishing either the appetizer and entree course.

It depends on the cruise line. For example on Carnival and NCL, you are limited to one entree.

I honestly cannot think of a reason to order more than one entree in any specialty restaurants as the portions are HUGE. Usually, after the appetizer, I struggle to have the entree and then barely can eat any dessert and I'm not even finishing either the appetizer and entree course.

It isn't always about appetite, but could be the desire for variety. There may be two items on the menu you want to taste. If allowed, why not order both and eat a portion of each? I have had waiters who suggested doing exactly that.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the major cruise lines allow more than 1 entrée in the fee specialty restaurants anymore. Like I said, I could be wrong though.

Ref the last post about NCL, they went to ala cart pricing in their specialty restaurants. Every item has its own price, so the question is irrelevant with them.

Edited by Aquahound

Canaletto "suggests" one large plate per two people but I can see already a bit for a conflict for us. My wife trends vegetarian and I toward low-carb (no pasta) but mostly meat so I can see she would be all over the portobello mushroom with zucchini spaghetti where as I would be wanting the veal or lamb. I wonder how strict they are at that venue.

Canaletto "suggests" one large plate per two people but I can see already a bit for a conflict for us. My wife trends vegetarian and I toward low-carb (no pasta) but mostly meat so I can see she would be all over the portobello mushroom with zucchini spaghetti where as I would be wanting the veal or lamb. I wonder how strict they are at that venue.

I can't help you with this one.

We tried the Canaletto twice before they changed to the most recent menu and were terribly disappointed in the food and service. The idea that you are suppose to share dished is also a big problem for us and not something we would like to do.