Luggage valet....let'a all thank Celebrity

cruisestitch

As the person who sadly broke the news several months ago that Luggage valet was discontinued, I was happy to announce here that it was back. On looking through a "search" of Cruise Critic I think there have been around a dozen threads on the topic in the last several months. Others led the efforts to get people to write and call. The requests paid off. Im not going to re-open all those threads, I'm just writing now to request that all of us follow up with letters and calls saying "thanks". Yes, some Celebrity people read this board, but many of us had contact with various people at Captains Club, shoreside Concierges and others and I hope we all can send notes or make calls now that the program is back. Just my two cents.

Edited by cruisestitch

It was a labor dispute. Did our calls and letters influence them to reach the new agreement? Hummmmm.

"In 2016, due to the Living Wage Ordinance in Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle, we were forced to discontinue Luggage Valet onboard Celebrity Cruises. However, we are happy to announce that an agreement has been reached with the vendor which will allow us to re-launch the program across all vessels debarking in FLL, MIA and SEA."

Now I understand why they could not comment on the exact reason it was stopped.

Yes, we were one of those who wrote a letter and called Celebrity to share are sadness that valet service had been discontinued. Through the whole process they were extremely nice and explained that it was out of their control but they were listening to us.

We encouraged others on CC to write and call and folks did. THANK YOU! I agree that writing a thank you to Celebrity (or calling) is what we should do to show our appreciation that it has returned.

Our excitement turned to sadness though when we discovered our April Equinox Jazz cruise return flight back to Maine is 20 minutes AFTER the cut of time. :( Oh well...

Bon Voyage and enjoy valet service everyone! Our voices were heard.

Best,

Shirley

It was a labor dispute. Did our calls and letters influence them to reach the new agreement? Hummmmm.

"In 2016, due to the Living Wage Ordinance in Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle, we were forced to discontinue Luggage Valet onboard Celebrity Cruises. However, we are happy to announce that an agreement has been reached with the vendor which will allow us to re-launch the program across all vessels debarking in FLL, MIA and SEA."

Now I understand why they could not comment on the exact reason it was stopped.

Celebrity first said it was because there was not that much interest in the program therefore they discontinued it:confused:.

Celebrity first said it was because there was not that much interest in the program therefore they discontinued it:confused:.

I remember. I think cuddos are in order for Celebrity not bad mouthing one of their sub contractors during negotiations. We see many Companies that do so every day. Yes it frustrated many guest not knowing, but in the end they got it worked out to make our vacation experience better with Celebrity.

Labor dispute resolved vs. Letter writing campaign.

Either reason for =X= restoring the service is valid in this "alternative fact" society we now live in! Any answer, reasonable or not, is now acceptable! :D

Just spoke to a rep at Celebrity and he told me that Luggage Valet is NOT coming back anytime in the immediate future:confused::confused:. Almost booked a cruise but without this service cannot cruise with them as mobility issues are involved.....going with either Princess or Holland.

Hope Celebrity gets their act straight soon;)

As the person who sadly broke the news several months ago that Luggage valet was discontinued, I was happy to announce here that it was back. On looking through a "search" of Cruise Critic I think there have been around a dozen threads on the topic in the last several months. Others led the efforts to get people to write and call. The requests paid off. Im not going to re-open all those threads, I'm just writing now to request that all of us follow up with letters and calls saying "thanks". Yes, some Celebrity people read this board, but many of us had contact with various people at Captains Club, shoreside Concierges and others and I hope we all can send notes or make calls now that the program is back. Just my two cents.

It has nothing to do with X.

• 10 months later...

For some reason, they did not have Luggage Valet for our Silhouette cruise at Thanksgiving. We filled out the info, but was informed that because of "some reason" they would not offer the service on our cruise.

I think it might have been because we were the first cruise after the TA. Hopefully, it is worked out now. :)

For some reason, they did not have Luggage Valet for our Silhouette cruise at Thanksgiving. We filled out the info, but was informed that because of "some reason" they would not offer the service on our cruise.

I think it might have been because we were the first cruise after the TA. Hopefully, it is worked out now. :)

We used LV last month on Reflections 1st cruise after TA in Fort Lauderdale. Not having to get our luggage until we got to Seattle was great.

We just got off the Silhouette today and luggage valet was not offered. Earlier in the week we went to the Customer Relations Desk to ask about it and the representative just blew us off. No real reason given for LV's cancelation, just blamed it on the airlines. Very disappointing.......