Havana rooms

Megan_Strick

I think Carnival was thinking of these cabins as being more social cabins. "Havana" kind of gives off that social feel of coming together over dance, music, and food. I think that was what they were going for. It's not for everyone. I have mine booked for 2018, so I won't know for a while. But I'm willing to give it a try to see if it works for me or not.

We have a Havana Cabana booked for October 2018 and my husband and I are very excited to try something new. Looking forward to the pool area being a little quieter than the main pool which we have never once gotten in to when we have cruised. My husband said we may actually get in this one!

Maybe we got your cabin for 2/25/17...5233 :) I am excited about it. The privacy thing doesn't bother me and we are looking forward to meeting others.

I'm 5234 right across the way but the following year LOL

Enjoy and take lots of pictures!

I think Carnival was thinking of these cabins as being more social cabins. "Havana" kind of gives off that social feel of coming together over dance, music, and food. I think that was what they were going for. It's not for everyone. I have mine booked for 2018, so I won't know for a while. But I'm willing to give it a try to see if it works for me or not.

I wonder if you are correct. But, I actually booked for a more secluded feel LOL I wanted my own area during the day. At night, we like to go to dinner, drinks and shows/piano bar, etc but during the day, I want a more relaxing feel and that is the reason I personally chose the Havana Cabana area. :)

I wonder if you are correct. But, I actually booked for a more secluded feel LOL I wanted my own area during the day. At night, we like to go to dinner, drinks and shows/piano bar, etc but during the day, I want a more relaxing feel and that is the reason I personally chose the Havana Cabana area. :)

i'm in cabin 5216 why not have a Havana Cabana get to no one another we are all neighbors LOL

I agree about the secluded feel during the day. Actually I plan to hide out a lot back there away from all the kids [emoji846]. I also enjoy privacy on the balcony and that's why I chose the Havana Extended Aft Balcony.

While I realize people can look down and see you if you're by the edge, I'm more comfortable with that than with someone being directly next to me with half of a wall that can be climbed over, not to mention having to keep my blinds closed. I wouldn't swear off the Havana Cabanas, but they are still my last choice in that category. I have heard of many people really liking them and that's great. There's something for everyone and nothing wrong with people having different preferences.

I agree about the secluded feel during the day. Actually I plan to hide out a lot back there away from all the kids [emoji846]. I also enjoy privacy on the balcony and that's why I chose the Havana Extended Aft Balcony.

While I realize people can look down and see you if you're by the edge, I'm more comfortable with that than with someone being directly next to me with half of a wall that can be climbed over, not to mention having to keep my blinds closed. I wouldn't swear off the Havana Cabanas, but they are still my last choice in that category. I have heard of many people really liking them and that's great. There's something for everyone and nothing wrong with people having different preferences.

Options are always a good thing.

After reading this post and watching some videos on the Havana Cabanas, I am glad I booked my aft wrap....I deal with people Monday-Friday in an environment where they are annoying....so when my husband and I go cruising, I do not want people time....Catagorize me any way you like, but my vacation time is meant for us to unwind and not feel like we have to be sociable if we don't feel like it, and those cabanas make it impossible to have any quite time without being looked at or heard....As someone said in an earlier post...to each their own, and that is exactly true....just very glad I saw this thread before I spent a lot of extra money to not be comfortable in my overpriced non-private cabana!!!!!

after reading this post and watching some videos on the havana cabanas, i am glad i booked my aft wrap....i deal with people monday-friday in an environment where they are annoying....so when my husband and i go cruising, i do not want people time....catagorize me any way you like, but my vacation time is meant for us to unwind and not feel like we have to be sociable if we don't feel like it, and those cabanas make it impossible to have any quite time without being looked at or heard....as someone said in an earlier post...to each their own, and that is exactly true....just very glad i saw this thread before i spent a lot of extra money to not be comfortable in my overpriced non-private cabana!!!!!

whoa

My Readers Digest version of Havana Cabana Living.

1. The patio is much larger than most balconies so we actually used it more than any balcony we have ever had.

2. Never did I see everyone in the row being out at the same time, nor were there people walking by all the time, so it was actually fairly private.

3. Loved, loved, loved being just steps away from the pool area; we would go out via our patio and 15 seconds later would be sitting on one of the circular loungers.

4. The view was just fine.

IMG_4091_zpsihk8wexc.jpg

That video was from the NYC 10 day Vista cruise those were my parents in the background leaving their patio. We love the area and are booked for the same cabins on the Horizon. We enjoyed our neighbors and they actually booked the horizon again with us

I was on the Jan. 8th sail of Vista and had an Extended Aft Deck 7. For us it was perfect. We didn't hear any noise for the Havana Bar but still had the exclusive use of the Havana pool area. There is a stairway near the back corner that lead down to the Havana bar and then right out to the pool deck.

It wasn't an issue with people looking down on us when we were out on the balcony. Even thought the pool deck is directly below, we were still able to look out on the ship's wake and enjoy the sound of the ocean. If I have a chance to sail on Horizon or Vista again, I would definitely chose an extended aft in the Havana area.

I can't wait to not have to go get chairs by the pool at 6am!

We are in a Havana cabana and so are some of our best friends made on cruises. We have 3 in a row. We're very excited. We also booked so early that you now can't get a balcony guarantee for what we got our cabana for.

:D

Edited by bjd2
typo

I was on the Jan. 8th sail of Vista and had an Extended Aft Deck 7. For us it was perfect. We didn't hear any noise for the Havana Bar but still had the exclusive use of the Havana pool area. There is a stairway near the back corner that lead down to the Havana bar and then right out to the pool deck.

It wasn't an issue with people looking down on us when we were out on the balcony. Even thought the pool deck is directly below, we were still able to look out on the ship's wake and enjoy the sound of the ocean. If I have a chance to sail on Horizon or Vista again, I would definitely chose an extended aft in the Havana area.

I'll be on Deck 7 as well and one person in our party has the Aft wrap Port side. Are the stairs you're referring to the typical crew stairs or are they separate? Any pics by chance?