Pool Butlers - Lonely Towels

WestCoastFlyer

Just back from 14 days on the Eclipse where we had 5 days at sea. This is our first trip where the Pool Butlers made ZERO effort to remove lonely towels that occupied lounge chairs for hours at a time, and in some cases the majority of the day, without any guest use.

It was frustrating to see people set out a towel in the morning and maybe show up many hours later for a few minutes.

I know that it is rather common to see people set out towels and a book or a bag in the morning. However, on past trips Pool Butlers made an effort to pick up items left unattended after 60 to 90 minutes.

Was this just a case of lazy pool staff on my trip or are they no longer making any effort to try to address this on any ships.

Did you have a problem finding a lounger? If so, you should have ASKED the pool attendants (not butlers) to remove the lonely towels. Each cruise is different. They usually won't risk offending anyone (even those who are absent) unless those present complain!

If there are vacant loungers available, then the "hogged" chairs really aren't an issue. If there are NO chairs...then I will ask the folks who ARE sitting around the "hogged" chairs if anyone is using them...they will tell you! If the answer is they haven't seen anyone for hours, then I will move those towels and give them to the towel people...and have a seat!

Edited by cb at sea