St Marten - Best Beach Bar

You gotta go to the Sunset Bar & Grill by the airport and watch the airplanes fly in. It's a great experience. If the ladies at the bar go topless, they drink for free. :)

When we were there I tried to get DW to peel off her top. No luck, I paid for her drinks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone been to the Ohio state bar on the beach ? "Pirates in paradise" I think?

We are huge Ohio state fans from Ohio and we're just wondering if it's worth going to....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are Hawkeye fans but went there one trip to support our fellow B1G friends.

The beach there isn't the best but service was good. Food was ok and the beer was cold. Bathrooms were clean. It's within walking distance to lots of shops and the main shopping drag.

We prefer other beaches on the island.

Ydou gotta go to the Sunset Bar & Grill by the airport and watch the airplanes fly in. It's a great experience. If the ladies at the bar go topless, they drink for free. :)

I second this! This time of year, traffic is very congested on the island. Give yourself plenty of time.

You gotta go to the Sunset Bar & Grill by the airport and watch the airplanes fly in. It's a great experience. If the ladies at the bar go topless, they drink for free. :)

I agree, this is the only place to go. (I never saw a topless lady at the bar and I wanted my wife, but she refused) I had to pay for her drink.

Has anyone been to the Ohio state bar on the beach ? "Pirates in paradise" I think?

We are huge Ohio state fans from Ohio and we're just wondering if it's worth going to....

It is a fun place, wear your gear and O.H.

Is Maho beach a must see/do? Beach area looks crowded and I hear the beach is not a nice as others.

My brother who cruises often, recommends going to the French side for a beach. We will be there next Thursday, trying to figure out what to do??

Edited by troykahack

Is Maho beach a must see/do? Beach area looks crowded and I hear the beach is not a nice as others.

My brother who cruises often, recommends going to the French side for a beach. We will be there next Thursday, trying to figure out what to do??

I've enjoyed it a couple of times, I love the shirts there and need more. Just a note that might be worthy to some people, at the restaurant/bar there is a $40 (as of 2013) minimum charge to pay with credit card. (not including gift shop purchases.

I thought you were a diamond, how have you been on so many cruises and never made it to Maho? I would imagine that anyone whose made diamond has to have stopped at St Maarten at least 5 times, lol. I probably have your status wrong but for some reason that stuck with me because you had asked some newbie questions once and then said you were diamond, but I probably got you mixed up with someone else.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I thought you were a diamond, how have you been on so many cruises and never made it to Maho? I would imagine that anyone whose made diamond has to have stopped at St Maarten at least 5 times, lol. I probably have your status wrong but for some reason that stuck with me because you had asked some newbie questions once and then said you were diamond, but I probably got you mixed up with someone else.

Through SO.... and why does it really matter to you? We did (myself included) 64pts in last 12 months, and 14 more after next week. Not to mention I had 18 points prior to SO. So, I now would be Diamond on my own. And this has been covered in several other threads by all those people concerned about their Status (Club)....

Besides, I have never been to either St Thomas or St Maarten . SO has but never to Maho. Next you will asking what we do for a living.....

Edited by troykahack

Through SO.... and why does it really matter to you? We did (myself included) 64pts in last 12 months, and 14 more after next week. Not to mention I had 18 points prior to SO. So, I now would be Diamond on my own. And this has been covered in several other threads by all those people concerned about their Status (Club)....

Besides, I have never been to either St Thomas or St Maarten . SO has but never to Maho. Next you will asking what we do for a living.....

FYI, I think there is a person with a very similar user name from Michigan that posts a lot. That person maybe confused.

It wasn't meant to be an antagonistic question, I just keep feeling confusion from some of your posts because you talk about being diamond but then turn around and have a bunch of newbie questions. There's nothing wrong with your questions, it's just confusing to see someone talk about being a high status who doesn't know much about the ships or the perks and stuff. Now that you've answered me, and I see that I was in fact correct, it makes sense that I was confused, because your status was inherited, so you're fairly new to cruising and therefore have questions (or at least did when I started noticing this and being confused a few months ago- and your question about whether Maho was a must see brought up that feeling again because anyone who has been to st Maarten, or minimally researched it, has heard of Maho). Again, nothing wrong with it, it was just confusing because I was wondering if I was getting you mixed up with someone who has a similar name.

Anyway, sorry to have riled your feathers, I thought it was a legitimate question, given the disparity between your questions and your oft mentioned status.

My comment about St Maarten was meant as a joke because most people who cruise a lot end up stuck with St Maarten or Nassau on just about every route.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

It wasn't meant to be an antagonistic question, I just keep feeling confusion from some of your posts because you talk about being diamond but then turn around and have a bunch of newbie questions. There's nothing wrong with your questions, it's just confusing to see someone talk about being a high status who doesn't know much about the ships or the perks and stuff. Now that you've answered me, and I see that I was in fact correct, it makes sense that I was confused, because your status was inherited, so you're fairly new to cruising and therefore have questions (or at least did when I started noticing this and being confused a few months ago- and your question about whether Maho was a must see brought up that feeling again because anyone who has been to st Maarten, or minimally researched it, has heard of Maho). Again, nothing wrong with it, it was just confusing because I was wondering if I was getting you mixed up with someone who has a similar name.

Anyway, sorry to have riled your feathers, I thought it was a legitimate question, given the disparity between your questions and your oft mentioned status.

My comment about St Maarten was meant as a joke because most people who cruise a lot end up stuck with St Maarten or Nassau on just about every route.

Due to scheduling issues with many things, we did two Western Caribbean cruises.... St Maarten and St Thomas, we were unable to schedule a Eastern.

Besides, I have CRS......

Just a warning that many of the beaches on the French side are either clothing optional or have a portion of the beach which is clothing optional.

Sent from my D5803 using Forums mobile app