Leaving on a Jet Plane! (Oh No...a Storm!!)

NoName

Have I mentioned that I HATE the buffet here? I am not sure if the design is the problem, or if the cultural difference s are too much for me or what......But it is horrible.

I had decided never to go back, however my husband wanted to go for breakfast this morning.....So I caved. We got our food....Lots of stress going from area to area trying to find what my grandson wanted to eat and then the search for a table started.......We walked and walked. When we finally sat and started eating we noticed 2 bottles of water on the table. I thought perhaps they were for purchase as they were unopened and pushed to the back wall of the booth.

A few minutes in and two women approach is very aggressively about taking their table! We ended up getting up and trying to walk away carrying our breakfast, our grandson's breakfast as well as all of our drinks. The women appeared very satisfied as we walked away.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

We have the regular drink package, do you know if the mudslide is included on that? Normally I'm a wine drinker, but that looked amazing!

Yes, I believe it is included. We used a drink coupon for it. It was DELICIOUS,!

Have I mentioned that I HATE the buffet here? I am not sure if the design is the problem, or if the cultural difference s are too much for me or what......But it is horrible.

I had decided never to go back, however my husband wanted to go for breakfast this morning.....So I caved. We got our food....Lots of stress going from area to area trying to find what my grandson wanted to eat and then the search for a table started.......We walked and walked. When we finally sat and started eating we noticed 2 bottles of water on the table. I thought perhaps they were for purchase as they were unopened and pushed to the back wall of the booth.

A few minutes in and two women approach is very aggressively about taking their table! We ended up getting up and trying to walk away carrying our breakfast, our grandson's breakfast as well as all of our drinks. The women appeared very satisfied as we walked away.....

The ladies were right the 2 unopened water bottles were there way of reserving the table and if you go during the rush to eat breakfast on any line you will find it crowded, we go at 7-730 and have never had a problem finding a table.

There have been several times during this cruise if I wondered if cruising is for me......however after years of cruising, I know how to avoid the crowds.....it is just when I try to accommodate others that I run into problems!

Today we are parked in Grand Cayman, most passengers are off the ship and the Divina is like a little slice of paradise......sitting in the shade, enjoying a milkshake.....Reading a book.....looking out to sea.......perfect day.

Bad news for me with the photo Package...I purchased the $100 photo Package. I am traveling with my kids in 2 other cabins and planned group pictures as well as pictures of my kids.

When I turned my photos in they told me I couldn't include pictures of my kids. They said the package is for one cabin only. I explained that the online description just says 100 photos. They pointed to the sign that says "photo Package is for one cabin only"

I said that was fine, but I wouldn't have purchased it if I knew this and I would like my money refunded. The staff member at first told me they couldn't refund the money, as it wasn't charged by them, it was charged by "msc America". However he later said he would speak with the manager and I could stop back to see what they could do.

I went back tonight and he said the manager said he would refund my money.... However he didn't know how long it would take. I said that was fine, but I needed a letter so I would have a paper tail if the money wasn't returned.

He said to stop back tomorrow and he would try to a letter for me.

When I turned my photos in they told me I couldn't include pictures of my kids.

Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear the photo package didn't work out for you. Do they allow the group pictures that include you and your kids? I have 2 rooms booked and the pictures would always include myself (the only room with the photo package).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by sjlin0121

Mudslide is certainly on my list! Looks yummy! I'm so sorry to hear about the photo situation. I fall in the same boat because I will have myself, hubby, and 2 toddlers in 1 room, and my parents and infant in the adjacent room. I was considering ordering 1 cabin photo package, but if they won't allow you to include the photos that everyone is in, then that is a problem for me.

Edited by Missystu

Please learn from my mistake. Make sure you get a paper trail for your refund with as much detail in it as possible. MSC customer service after the cruise is lacking. I never did receive a 100.00 obc that was promised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our customer service totally different, Sunday before we left I called them to cancel a tour we had booked, the agent talked me through how to do it online and said that the refund would take a week or so to get to my account. I had it on my credit card balance by Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have went to the photo studio four times so far requesting a letter proving the package was cancelled and I am owed a refund....Each time I have been asked to come back later. ..I won't give up...I will have proof Incase the refund doesn't show up!

I am back at the photo gallery, no letter ready for me. Told this time to file complaint with msc America. I have asked to speak with the manager and have been told he is too busy right now. He can meet with me in 20 minutes. I am standing at the counter waiting. This has become upsetting, I feel as though I have been given the run around......And now they are trying to pass me off to handle post boat. I am not accepting this

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear that you have so much trouble with the photo package. When you said the package is for 1 cabin only, what about the group photo with you and your kids? I remember you mentioned in the other forum that you tried to be in every photo they took. So it is proved this strategy will not work for the package?

Thanks and happy cruising!