AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

13 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

I think the gift cards Gods were listening to us!!  

I just checked the AARP Rewards website and discounted Princess egift cards are back!  Denominations of $100 and $500, with a discount of 10%. 

And in something really new (at least for me), AARP now also has discounted HAL gift cards in the same denominations.

The only cards I see on AARP is 100/500 for Royal, 100/500 for Celebrity and 100 for Carnival.  You can only get 3 per person per calendar month, right? 

57 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The only cards I see on AARP is 100/500 for Royal, 100/500 for Celebrity and 100 for Carnival.  You can only get 3 per person per calendar month, right? 

You have to scroll down through the various gift cards to see the new Princess and HAL offerings.  I just checked now and they are still there.  In fact, they have been there I guess since April 1, since someone on the HAL forum posted about it over the weekend.

Currently, the maximum number of gift cards you can buy through AARP is five per month.  But if you have a joint membership with your spouse (which I believe costs the same as a single membership) you each can set up an AARP Rewards account, which increases your family max purchase to ten gift cards per month.  My wife's sister is also an AARP member, and she lets us use her AARP Rewards account to buy gift cards if we have exceeded our ten card monthly purchase allotment, which rarely happens.  WIth ecards its easy, she just flips us the emails from AARP.

I bought two of the Princess $500 ecards yesterday.  Delivered to my email almost immediately, and I used them last night to pay down the balance on an upcoming cruise.

3 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

You have to scroll down through the various gift cards to see the new Princess and HAL offerings.  I just checked now and they are still there.  In fact, they have been there I guess since April 1, since someone on the HAL forum posted about it over the weekend.

Currently, the maximum number of gift cards you can buy through AARP is five per month.  But if you have a joint membership with your spouse (which I believe costs the same as a single membership) you each can set up an AARP Rewards account, which increases your family max purchase to ten gift cards per month.  My wife's sister is also an AARP member, and she lets us use her AARP Rewards account to buy gift cards if we have exceeded our ten card monthly purchase allotment, which rarely happens.  WIth ecards its easy, she just flips us the emails from AARP.

I bought two of the Princess $500 ecards yesterday.  Delivered to my email almost immediately, and I used them last night to pay down the balance on an upcoming cruise.

I have to wait until May 1.  They just put up the 500 Carnival cards and I bought 5 each on my and my wife's account.  The 5000 will go towards paying for Cheers for our 7 cruises totalling 47 nights that I have booked between August 2022 and January 2024.  

Am looking forward to our first time on Princess next week with a B2B on the brand new Discovery (it'll be sailings 3 & 4). Have a B2B booked for summer 2023 on the Majestic.

8 minutes ago, jamie717 said:

Just purchased three $200.00 e gift cards from newegg.com with 10% discount.  Sale is good for the next 13 hours, $100/$150/$200 available, 3 card limit.

What's the promo code to save the 10%?  They have a 500 Princess card with a limit of one, but 50 bucks is 50 bucks

33 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

What's the promo code to save the 10%?  They have a 500 Princess card with a limit of one, but 50 bucks is 50 bucks

I wonder if I should have specified Carnival Gift cards?  Hopefully it works for Princess as well!

16 minutes ago, jamie717 said:

I wonder if I should have specified Carnival Gift cards?  Hopefully it works for Princess as well!

It only worked with the Carnival card, was worth 20 off.  Thanks, I maxed out my AARP April allotment and can always use Carnival ecards with 7 future cruises booked.  

On 4/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, MizzyMiz said:

On the rewards website, there is a new daily spin the wheel contest - under 'Play, Instant Win'.  Not sure if a glitch, but it let me keep spinning until I won something (500pts).  Rules mention it ends April 11th.
Check it out and see if you win anything!

Two strikes first, so I figured it was rigged. With only one strike on the wheel, the odds of getting it are low, so it looks to be programmed to lose more than win. But I did hit 3k on my last spin.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:06 AM, Calnev1 said:

Currently, the maximum number of gift cards you can buy through AARP is five per month.  But if you have a joint membership with your spouse (which I believe costs the same as a single membership) you each can set up an AARP Rewards account, which increases your family max purchase to ten gift cards per month.

You got it right. For anyone interested, every membership includes an additional membership for one other person in your household. That person can then create their own AARP.com account and they can buy up to 5 cards/month that doesn't count towards the primary's limit. At the risk of sounding like an AARP commercial (I'm not affiliated), memberships are $12 for the first year right now. IMO, that's worth trying out to see if you get some use out of it. You don't have to be 50 yrs. old either.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

You got it right. For anyone interested, every membership includes an additional membership for one other person in your household. That person can then create their own AARP.com account and they can buy up to 5 cards/month that doesn't count towards the primary's limit. At the risk of sounding like an AARP commercial (I'm not affiliated), memberships are $12 for the first year right now. IMO, that's worth trying out to see if you get some use out of it. You don't have to be 50 yrs. old either.

Also, if you have a Chase card, check your offers to see if you have one for AARP.  I had one a while back that gave me $8 back, so I only paid $4 for my membership.  I have an offer right now but it only gives 5% back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I gave in and joined AARP for 5 years for 63 dollars and got back 8 from BofA for a rebate with their cc. Now i have two choices for gift cards but have used AARP because they have the much more desired ecards that Allstate has been lacking in recent times. Edit: I did just order a couple of regular cards from Allstate and they now show tracking info for UPS! This is a big plus for people who don't have UPS my choice notifications. UPS was not recognizing my brand new home address for about a year. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

I was wondering why SNJCruisers might have had trouble seeing the new AARP Princess and HAL gift cards.  Then I realized this morning that these new card offerings are not just for AARP members, but also available to nonmembers, so if you searched the AARP Rewards website using the "members only" redemption link you won't see them.   This is different than the AARP offers of Carnival cards, which are in fact members only offerings.

But that raises some interesting issues.  I believe you can join AARP Rewards for free as a nonmember.   https://www.aarp.org/rewards/.  Then you can get these discounted Princess and HAL cards at no membership cost.   And if you are already an AARP member, you can have a friend or a child set up a free AARP Rewards account to avoid the five card monthly limit.  And perhaps you can set up a second, nonmember AARP Rewards account in your own name to circumvent the five card monthly limit.  I haven't tried this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked.  (The only thing you would probably need is a different email address for the second, nonmember account).

Edited by Calnev1

11 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I gave in and joined AARP for 5 years for 63 dollars and got back 8 from BofA for a rebate with their cc. Now i have two choices for gift cards but have used AARP because they have the much more desired ecards that Allstate has been lacking in recent times. 

And here is another interesting thing about AARP membership.  If you see a really good deal on a new membership, you can buy it even if your old membership has not yet expired.   AARP will just extend the expiration of your current membership by the number of years of the new membership.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

The $500 and $1,000 regular giftcards are back on Allstate's website, no e-cards  unfortunately. Anyone remember how long it takes to get them? 

Up here in Idaho I ordered on April 3rd and they were delivered via UPS on April 9th. Came from Crystal Lake IL. I ordered over 500 dollars so it was UPS. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

he $500 and $1,000 regular giftcards are back on Allstate's website, no e-cards  unfortunately. Anyone remember how long it takes to get them?

I ordered $2000 worth of cards from Allstate in the last 2 months.  I don’t understand the advantage of e cards.  Can you explain please?

The $500 and $1,000 regular giftcards are back on Allstate's website, no e-cards  unfortunately. Anyone remember how long it takes to get them? 

It took us 9 days from the time we ordered them(on a Saturday) to get them via UPS and I had to sign for them. I ordered 1 x $1,000 g.c. & 1 x $100 gc. We got them 3 days ago. 

I ordered a $1000 one on the 5th.  It was originally supposed to arrive via UPS on the 9th, but delivery was delayed so it came yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I ordered $2000 worth of cards from Allstate in the last 2 months.  I don’t understand the advantage of e cards.  Can you explain please?

The advantage is that you get them in your email in a matter of minutes instead of having to wait for them to be delivered.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sunshower9 said:

The advantage is that you get them in your email in a matter of minutes instead of having to wait for them to be delivered.  

Yes, I broke down and signed up for AARP.

I loved the ease of an e-card. It was delivered and I applied to my booking within minutes.