AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

5 hours ago, tw67 said:

I found a work around.  I went to the email from last Wednesday and used that to log in.  It worked and I won 1K points from the spin game!  Plus today is Tuesday.  So the matching game is another 1K!

Still no ecards, but they have $100 and $500 denominations for the mailed gift cards.  

Thanks!  This worked for me to get in.  

When I look at "Travel" cards, there aren't any. But when I look at all card, I see $100 & $500 physical cards for Carnival.

Round & round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows. Except me, I know...3 strikes, that's where it stops. But I did get my memory game points, so there's that.

I've been having issue logging into the website for some time now. I use my bookmark, try to log in, get a white screen for a few seconds, then get a "secure log in" screen with a blue background. So I have to click my bookmark again where it then takes me to the screen for policy holders. I have to click "Log Out" in the upper right corner. Back to my bookmark and it finally lets me login for real. I clear my cookies all the time, so it's not that. It's the long way around, but I finally get there.  😔

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Round & round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows. Except me, I know...3 strikes, that's where it stops. But I did get my memory game points, so there's that.

I've been having issue logging into the website for some time now. I use my bookmark, try to log in, get a white screen for a few seconds, then get a "secure log in" screen with a blue background. So I have to click my bookmark again where it then takes me to the screen for policy holders. I have to click "Log Out" in the upper right corner. Back to my bookmark and it finally lets me login for real. I clear my cookies all the time, so it's not that. It's the long way around, but I finally get there.  😔

Isn’t it incredible with only one strike in the wheel, that is the one that it stops on almost each time??  lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm buying my ecards at AARP. Allstate is too hinkey

Yea I am buying them at AARP too.  Unless I need hard cards for a gift, I won’t get them.  

• Like 1

Finally able to get in today. None of the suggested work arounds helped me the last few days.

on another note, UPS keeps updating my delivery. My cards were supposed to be here Monday, then updated Tuesday . Now tracking just says “the delivery date will be provided as soon as possible”. Not blaming Allstate for this but it’s just an added frustration of dealing with physical cards. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 8:26 AM, tw67 said:

This morning my bookmark worked!  So maybe the problems are all solved!

Still no ecards!

I'm back in as well.  I was a little worried they were getting rid of users that aren't actual Allstate customers.

• Like 1

Just now, kupton said:

I'm back in as well.  I was a little worried they were getting rid of users that aren't actual Allstate customers.

When I started I want an Allstate Customer, now I am.  I haven’t linked it to my account since I have no idea how to do that!  My husband has his linked.

3 minutes ago, ugagal07 said:

I keep getting this error code:

Please call customer service to proceed with your order. Message Code: SS001

Aside from calling, anyone know how to get around it or what it means?

I think that comes up when shipping address and billing addresses don't match. Is that the case with your order?

3 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I think that comes up when shipping address and billing addresses don't match. Is that the case with your order?

Nope.  Same address. It also shows 9% off.  In my mind, I thought they were previously 10% off. 

2 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

They were. Looks like the gift cards went up in price.

$500 gift cards were $450, now $455

$100 gift cards were $90, now $91.

That may be why I can't check out.  Yesterday they were the old prices and I had issues.  Today they are the new prices and I still have issues.  I'll give it a few days to calm down and try again.

AARP it is!  

I just miss the other ecards, especially Lands End.  I don't want to wait for a hard card to be mailed when I want to place an order.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

Ugh! Was about to purchase a few more cards since it’s payday but not happy with the 9% discount now. I don’t need very many, so joining AARP would only save a few bucks. I guess the eCard option makes it worth it though. 

AARP Memorial Day Sale - $9 a year if you sign up for 5 years.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, travelingtink said:

Ugh! Was about to purchase a few more cards since it’s payday but not happy with the 9% discount now. I don’t need very many, so joining AARP would only save a few bucks. I guess the eCard option makes it worth it though. 

Plus AllState charges you to mail the gift cards.  I didn't like that either.

Am I correct with my memory:

Carnival gift cards require a paid AARP membership

Princess gift cards can be purchased with a free AARP rewards account.

No limit on number of carnival gift cards purchased

There is a limit on the number of princess gift cards (for paid members also, or only for free memberships?)

27 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Am I correct with my memory:

Carnival gift cards require a paid AARP membership

Princess gift cards can be purchased with a free AARP rewards account.

No limit on number of carnival gift cards purchased

There is a limit on the number of princess gift cards (for paid members also, or only for free memberships?)

Partially correct.

1.  Carnival GCs require a paid AARP membership.  Princess and Holland America gift cards do not.   Strange to me, since these three cruise lines are all under the same Carnival Corp umbrella.

2.  There is a limit on Carnival GC purchases at AARP.  But its very loose:  no more than 25 GCs per month.

3.  The limit on Princess GCs at AARP is no more than five per month.   Of course, you can double all these limits by opening a separate AARP Rewards account in your spouse's  name.  

Edited by Calnev1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, travelingtink said:

Look for a discount to join. I’ve seen some googling before. One of my credit cards had an offer. Also a reward points sure I use

34 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I have a paid AARP membership.  The limit for me is five Princess GCs per month.  I guess I don't actually know whether the limit for a free AARP Rewards account would be different.  I doubt that it would be.