AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

11 hours ago, mfs2k said:

To avoid this issue, attach a credit card to your room for pre-arrival, for any outstanding balances, then have Guest Services post your gift cards to your folio so you have a credit balance.  You can then buy chips and charge them to your room. The credit balance will offset your charges.  Any remaining balance will be charged to your credit card at the end of the cruise.  Not sure what happens if you have a remaining credit balance. 

Yea, I know but it was toward the end of the cruise and we could have just went up to the kiosk and put a card on there but ehhh, decided not to. I guess it wasn't meant to be. The slots filled our time and we were ok with that. 

• Like 2

I apologize, I know know if this answer is within this thread but I did try a search first. I added a AARP gift card in about noon today.  My balance has not changed.  It took the card number/pin, screen said it was applied.  I went back into my account, the balance is the same prior to me adding the gift card?  Is this normal? Thanks for any insight. 

9 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

I apologize, I know know if this answer is within this thread but I did try a search first. I added a AARP gift card in about noon today.  My balance has not changed.  It took the card number/pin, screen said it was applied.  I went back into my account, the balance is the same prior to me adding the gift card?  Is this normal? Thanks for any insight. 

if you still have a gift card balance, it wasn't saved in the Carnival app and you should do it again.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

Same thing happened to me. I inputted the amount I wanted to pay in Other Amount (the amount on the gift card) then inputted the gift card number and pin and click Apply. I click on Select in the Other Amount and a box appears indicating the amount of the gift card I am applying and how much is left to pay. I click on the box that shows I agree to the Terms and Conditions then click on Submit Payment. Try this and I bet you'll be good to go!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Same thing happened to me. I inputted the amount I wanted to pay in Other Amount (the amount on the gift card) then inputted the gift card number and pin and click Apply. I click on Select in the Other Amount and a box appears indicating the amount of the gift card I am applying and how much is left to pay. I click on the box that shows I agree to the Terms and Conditions then click on Submit Payment. Try this and I bet you'll be good to go!

I did the same thing today when I was trying to pay off my cruise. Once I went back in and added them all again and then entered that amount into other and submitted that then it applied them. I also panicked at first because it said only 9 cards. I had 11 to apply. I just ended up having to do two payments lol. 

• Like 3

Ok, I’ve put the card and the pin in about 5 more times. I hit apply, it says it’s been applied. I go out, back tot the main page, the amount has not been applied. I guess I will have to call them tomorrow. I’ve tried 3 different browsers, turned off my VPN, cleared my cache, and nothing makes a difference.  Thanks for the tips everyone. 

On 4/11/2024 at 9:01 PM, Doribeans said:

Peter - does Carnival have a service charge for charging your slot account to your room? I was recently on an NCL cruise and they had a 3% service charge for charging your slot play to your room account 

Doribeans,

just noticed in looking thru cruise critic that your are from Volusia Cty.....so am I - some of the time.  and love singing too.(but i am classical)  I guess you have boarded for the transatlantic now.....bon Voyage. You can contact JoseyP if you want. I like Carnival. have a great trip.

I just hung up with a very nice gentleman from Carnival.  He entered my GC number/PIN and it went right through. He stated that sometimes, they can be stubborn. I guess I was lucky and got one of those. Thanks again all for your help yesterday.

Happy Friday!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

I just hung up with a very nice gentleman from Carnival.  He entered my GC number/PIN and it went right through. He stated that sometimes, they can be stubborn. I guess I was lucky and got one of those. Thanks again all for your help yesterday.

Happy Friday!

Great news!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...