Am I going to be out of place on Celebrity?

bradleyk

My wife and I are booked for the May 5th Equinox sailing and I still find myself concerned for a few reasons listed below.

1. We are both 40

2. I could care less what others wear to dinner

3. I could care less with which hands you use for your knife and fork, or which way the tines of your fork are pointing.

Reading these things, along with others comments, here on CC scare the crap out of me and make me wonder if we made the right choice in Celebrity.

The longer cruises have the older pax. If your trip is 10 days or less,you'll have a good mix of ages. The line is more elegant/sedate than Carnival. No hairy chest/belly flop gigs, etc.Dress is smart casual(no shorts in the MDR.during dinner)Shorts are fine in the buffet or everywhere before dinner. Don't totally believe what some say about dresscodes.. Smart casual(slacks/collared shirt)Evening Chic(What you'd wear to a nice restaurant) Food is good(excellent in specialty rest.)Overall, just have fun.

My wife and I are booked for the May 5th Equinox sailing and I still find myself concerned for a few reasons listed below.

1. We are both 40

3. I could care less with which hands you use for your knife and fork, or which way the tines of your fork are pointing.

Reading these things, along with others comments, here on CC scare the crap out of me and make me wonder if we made the right choice in Celebrity.

Dude, you seem like my kinda people. If we cross paths on a cruise one day, we'll have to be sure to have a beer together. You'll know it's me because I'll be wearing my trusty ol' blue jeans and a t-shirt.

Don't sweat the stuff you're worried about; you'll have a great time.

Cheers my friend!

You will be fine and I assure you both will enjoy it. That ship and itinerary will have a diverse age spread and not so many elites and above. If you were on NE, Pacific Coastal, Transcanal or any other trans sailing I would provide caveats. However, we fit in your category and enjoy X a great deal.

read your comment and since i'm sailing on a pacific coastal cruise on the infinity in september, i'd be interested in hearing your "caveats" about it.

thanks in advance,

From my experience, CC has a disproportionate amount of spoiled rotten whiners. The people posting on CC do not represent cruise ship passengers as a whole very well. I am sure you are going to have a great time!

From my experience, CC has a disproportionate amount of spoiled rotten whiners. The people posting on CC do not represent cruise ship passengers as a whole very well. I am sure you are going to have a great time!

The CC posters make up less than 5% of any line.As to dress style, check the web site. Most nights it's smart casual dress(slacks, collared shirts)Evening Chic is everything from smart casual to full on gowns & tuxes. We do suit coats/ties(this is our preference, not the law!)Shorts at night(exception first night)will get you refused entry to the mdr.

1. We are both 40

Very few people care about those things. We wear what we want within their dress code and do not care if others like it or not. In fact most people dress the same way we do.

I don't know who started that comment about how you use knives and forks but I wouldn't pay any attention to that. I don't know who would watch others eat on a cruise!

We are Diamond on Royal and so will be Elite on our first Celebrity cruise. We work and save to be able to go on a cruise. We're the ones with the big smiles that you can't pry off our faces. We're the ones that profusely thank our cabin steward because he makes our beds and gives us clean towels. We have to do that for ourselves at home. We keep the cabin completely neat and tidy in part to make his job easier. We're the ones that greet our waiter and assistant with smiles and thank yous. We take a photo with them on the last night to go in the Shutterfly book we make after every cruise. We're perfectly happy with the food in the MDR and love the service because we don't have to cook it or clean up afterwards and I guess we've been fortunate because we've always had a wonderful waitstaff. We're the ones taking lots of photos, but not the formal photos. We like our crazy, impromptu photos. We're not going to push our way onto the elevator until those in the elevator get off. We aren't going to the pool to save loungers at 7:30. We will be at the buffet at 7:30, eating breakfast...a luxury for those of us that consider a granola bar our breakfast at home. We get to do this once a year and I don't waste my time worrying about the fork tines or what anyone else is wearing.

We are booked on our 4th Celebrity cruise.

Now we do not know what to do!

We are in our (early) 70's, but act like and think we are still 35-40. Old enough to not care what anyone else thinks, but feel young enough to want to talk to anyone interesting, go where things are fun and enjoy every day as a new opportunity to grow.

Anyone know when the stuffy, pretentious classes are scheduled, because we must have missed them.

Wish you were on our cruise, I would be honored to buy you a beer (hope you have the beverage package!).

1. We are both 40

No need for concerns, just enjoy your cruise.

No concern. We are early 50's and been cruising for 5-6 years. Age no object. Look at my video from last August on a Sea Day aboard the Constellation in the Mediteranean. Gives you a good idea of the folks aboard. Last part of the video is the crew VS Guests volleyball contest :-)

Cheers

1. We are both 40

You will love it. Relax, I think everyone has the same concerns when going for the first time. I, by the time our first cruise arrived, I didnt even want to go. We had a great time. We are both in our 50's, I don't care if they wear leaves to dinner, or if they eat with their fingers..

You'll find, on here, some of the people complain of the silliest little things that bug them.. but I guess, they need to get it off their chest & who are we to say anything... sometimes, they even make me giggle!

Go and enjoy... and if you've got something to get off your chest, you know where to come ! lol :D

Do not be concerned. People on CC sometimes like to talk a big game, but on board we have found folks to be generally as friendly on Celebrity as on other lines we enjoy.

+1 that is what we found.

met a lot of great people and always had a great time

I wondered the same thing before our first cruise.

Dude, you seem like my kinda people. If we cross paths on a cruise one day, we'll have to be sure to have a beer together. You'll know it's me because I'll be wearing my trusty ol' blue jeans and a t-shirt.

Don't sweat the stuff you're worried about; you'll have a great time.

Cheers my friend!

Thanks and it would be cool to run into you guys some time.

We are Diamond on Royal and so will be Elite on our first Celebrity cruise. We work and save to be able to go on a cruise. We're the ones with the big smiles that you can't pry off our faces. We're the ones that profusely thank our cabin steward because he makes our beds and gives us clean towels. We have to do that for ourselves at home. We keep the cabin completely neat and tidy in part to make his job easier. We're the ones that greet our waiter and assistant with smiles and thank yous. We take a photo with them on the last night to go in the Shutterfly book we make after every cruise. We're perfectly happy with the food in the MDR and love the service because we don't have to cook it or clean up afterwards and I guess we've been fortunate because we've always had a wonderful waitstaff. We're the ones taking lots of photos, but not the formal photos. We like our crazy, impromptu photos. We're not going to push our way onto the elevator until those in the elevator get off. We aren't going to the pool to save loungers at 7:30. We will be at the buffet at 7:30, eating breakfast...a luxury for those of us that consider a granola bar our breakfast at home. We get to do this once a year and I don't waste my time worrying about the fork tines or what anyone else is wearing.

You sound like our kind of people. We work hard and I pick up extra call at the hospital to pay for our vacations so each cruise is special in that regard.

We are booked on our 4th Celebrity cruise.

Now we do not know what to do!

We are in our (early) 70's, but act like and think we are still 35-40. Old enough to not care what anyone else thinks, but feel young enough to want to talk to anyone interesting, go where things are fun and enjoy every day as a new opportunity to grow.

Anyone know when the stuffy, pretentious classes are scheduled, because we must have missed them.

Wish you were on our cruise, I would be honored to buy you a beer (hope you have the beverage package!).

I will by the first round... hopefully you have the beverage package also! :)

To all of you thank you for your time to post. At the same time that I started this thread, I also posted the same question on the roll call for our cruise. It is EXTREMELY active. We have around 200 people signed up for the meet and greet. Everyone on there calmed my fears and made me realize that they were unfounded. So much so that on another thread about getting rid of evening chic, I kind of went on there and gave them some good ol' natured ribbing. Lol... probably shouldn't have.

But we are just past 90 days out and my wife and i are very much looking forward to sailing away.

1. We are both 40

I am 45 and have been on several Celebrity cruises and love them. I also don't care what people wear to dinner and am sure I have used the wrong fork on numerous occasions. I would wear shorts every night if I could. It's a very relaxing line which I find others aren't, maybe that's why I love them. We keep coming back so I think you'll find that you made a good choice. As long as you aren't looking for the beer pong tournament, that is.