New Web Page

Lakesregion

Previously when I came onto this MB I used to click on the bottom unread thread and work my way up the board by clicking on next newest (?) at the bottom right. This facility seems to have disappeared.

The only way out of each thread seems to be by clicking on Forum Jump Cunard Line - Go which leaves me back on the index page again. Unless I'm missing something?

It's back as of today, at least at this writing. Also threads I've looked at are now highlighted and the poster's home location is listed. Looks like CC's IT people are reading and responding to our posts.

There is a specific board for questions and concerns about the new format

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1067

Locations are now showing on my version.

Thanks. Interesting to read other people's comments on there. While some people do like the new format, the majority don't.

There's a poll that someone has set up about preference. At the moment over 75% prefer the old format.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2452232

I'm guessing that the new design targets people using phones to access CC. It looks quite nice on the iPod Touch that I am using to write this and awful on my PC.

I suppose that CC is concerned about folks using third-party apps like Tapatalk to access the boards. Be nice if they could limit the new design to mobile users and continue the old format for us desktop dinosaurs (that's me most of the time).

Be nice if they could limit the new design to mobile users and continue the old format for us desktop dinosaurs (that's me most of the time).

I'm on my desktop Mac and have the old style interface. On my iPad and iPhone I have the new one.

It's back as of today, at least at this writing. Also threads I've looked at are now highlighted and the poster's home location is listed. Looks like CC's IT people are reading and responding to our posts.

One of the Software Engineers is responding to posts on the board I posted above.

If anyone has any specific questions or comments, please post them there. I don't think they will be monitoring the threads on each board.

Ultimately, the only thing that matters is the number of clicks because that is what drives advertising.

But if the number of posts decreases, or becomes less interesting/informative, the site loses more advertising. And if posts decrease, Cruise Critic loses it's major source of (free) news: passenger's posts.

So if you love the changes, post more, read more. If not, take some time off :-) - Just a thought. -Salacia