Enchantment - Empress - Majesty - Which One

Host Anne

A friend has asked me for advice on a short Spring Break cruise for their family (teenage boy and daughter in her 20s). I haven't sailed Enchantment or Empress (only been on Majesty).

Don't have much time to read reviews so I'm hoping I could get a few suggestions from our wonderful members.

Thanks for any advice I can pass along.

A friend has asked me for advice on a short Spring Break cruise for their family (teenage boy and daughter in her 20s). I haven't sailed Enchantment or Empress (only been on Majesty).

Don't have much time to read reviews so I'm hoping I could get a few suggestions from our wonderful members.

Thanks for any advice I can pass along.

I would favor Enchantment over Empress by a wide margin. Huge pool deck, covered Solarium, Park Cafe, etc.

We have sailed both Majesty and Enchantment. We would select Enchantment, but will NEVER sail again during Spring Break and especially if it was a Fri-Mon. We accept the fact that those 3 night weekend sailings are party cruises, but add Spring Break...:eek:

I'm curious about the comment on not cruising during spring break, especially the weekend cruises on majesty... please elaborate?

I am considering a quick getaway in March. Fri-Mon. I actually don't mind a party atmosphere, maybe it will give me an idea of what sailing on Carnival would be like?

I've never sailed on Majesty, what else should I worry about?

I'm curious about the comment on not cruising during spring break, especially the weekend cruises on majesty... please elaborate?

I am considering a quick getaway in March. Fri-Mon. I actually don't mind a party atmosphere, maybe it will give me an idea of what sailing on Carnival would be like?

I've never sailed on Majesty, what else should I worry about?

Majesty is the last of the Sovereign class. It was a great class in its time. They are smaller ships with very few balcony cabins and other public spaces due to size. We always had great cruises on Sovereign. I would sail Majesty again. Sailed her once in mid 2000's on a 3 day cruise out of Miami. Sailed Enchantment twice and it is a much bigger/newer ship. Especially since they added a middle section to the ship.

If it is a first sailing, then I would suggest Enchantment though for the variety onboard and in the group.