Philadelphia to Charleston

Dave0311

I'm looking at a cruise out of Charleston SC, coming from the Philly area. The drive seems to be right on the cusp of being tolerable for me, but flying is always a hassle especially for a shorter flight like this. So I'm undecided how I'd want to travel down to Charleston. Can anyone from this area who has cruised out Charleston offer some opinions on driving vs. flying from Philly to Charleston? Thanks!

AA has a direct Philly to Charleston flight. Or you can drive (about 12hrs give or take a few minutes depending on the day and time you travel). Not really sure what else you want/need to know. It's a simple drive I95 south to I26 east or jump on a plane for a short flight to CHS airport.

I hate driving, so for that distance my personal choice would be flying.

AA has nonstop service PHL-CHS.

If you're willing to drive the short distance from Philly to Baltimore, Southwest has nonstop service BWI-CHS.

Drive a little further to DC, and Jet Blue and AA have nonstop service DCA-CHS, and United has nonstop service IAD-CHS.

But, if you don't mind driving it's a pretty straight shot, as someone mentioned.... 95 south to 26 east. Where 26 ends you're about 5 minutes from the downtown historic district.