Transfers to Ciampino airport

di T

This June we will be returning from our cruise to fly to Manchester from Ciampino.

Our flight is 10.30 am does anyone know the cost of Celebrity's airport transfer?

Will the transfer be early enough for us to catch this flight?

Thanks for any advice.

This June we will be returning from our cruise to fly to Manchester from Ciampino.

Our flight is 10.30 am does anyone know the cost of Celebrity's airport transfer?

Will the transfer be early enough for us to catch this flight?

Thanks for any advice.

Not sure if Celebrity do a transfer to Ciampino as that airport is used by the charter airlines. We did the journey from Civitavecchia to Ciampino once when our flight was diverted there from Fiumicino. Ciampino is 15 miles on the far side of Rome from Civitavecchia, We took the shuttle from the ship, the train to Rome Termini (1 hour) and got a taxi to the airport which took 40mins due to heavy traffic. There is a bus that runs between Rome Termini station and the airport. If there is not a Celebrity shuttle and you need to make your own arrangements, then IMO it would be very difficult to get there for your flight if you used the train/taxi/bus option. If you were first off the ship and had a pre booked car waiting,then it might be possible.

See the Rome Toolkit website for more information. Hope that helps.

We've looked at this flight but dismissed it as been too tight.

As the previous poster says, I think your best chance is to be one of the first to self disembark and take private transport. If it's a weekend I'm sure your chance of success would be high - early morning and less traffic.

I would love to hear from someone who has done this. Good luck!

No Ciampino transfer available from Celebrity as it's mainly an airport for the budget flights. Google says it's a 65 min drive. If you search for taxi transfers it seems to cost around €190 per car.

Personally a 10.30 flight would spoil my cruise as I would worry about delays and traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is for the budget airlines and you won't get a Celebrity transfer. You'll also find it very difficult to share a transfer with any other pax on your sailing as most will be heading to FCO. Check to see if the extra you'll need to pay in costs for the transfer outweigh the difference in paying for flights to FCO (that's if you haven't already booked). You may find there is not much in it and the flight times will allow you a little more freedom and a little less worrying ;). Monarch and Jet2 fly into FCO from local UK airports, and they are both budget airlines :).

We are on Silhouette in September and the only direct flight back to Manchester is on Ryanair from Ciampino. I thought long and hard about both the airline and the airport, but in the end decided to risk it. Our flight is 11.25am so we plan on leaving the ship at 7am . I've booked private transfers with http://www.romeairporttransportation.com for €120 each way. You may find others on your roll call who are on the same or similar timed flights and are willing to share

Thanks everyone! We live in the lakes so Manchester is our nearest airport. We normally would stay in Ciampino as we have done before but the next days flight is a Sunday so we can't get home so would have to stay at Manchester. I'll look into other airports, we haven't booked yet.

Thanks everyone! We live in the lakes so Manchester is our nearest airport. We normally would stay in Ciampino as we have done before but the next days flight is a Sunday so we can't get home so would have to stay at Manchester. I'll look into other airports, we haven't booked yet.

We are on the Constellation in June ending up in Civitavecchia - We are coming back from Rome (FCO) to Manchester on Jet2 flights departing at midday.

Hi, are you on the 15th June cruise?

Hi

Blue Air have flights to Liverpool they leave Rome FCO at 22.00 and land at Liverpool

23.45 the cost in Mid June is €30/40

Edited by swigso

yes that's the one - we booked via a Travel Agent but I think the Jet2 flights were on the celebrity site if you booked direct.

Anne

Hi Anne, decided to fly back next day ( Sunday) we will stay at a little place in Ciampino we have used a couple of times! Looked today and I can get a train to a nearby town so just a taxi and will get home Sunday evening, That's everything booked now! Dianne

Hi Anne, decided to fly back next day ( Sunday) we will stay at a little place in Ciampino we have used a couple of times! Looked today and I can get a train to a nearby town so just a taxi and will get home Sunday evening, That's everything booked now! Dianne

That's Great, I think you are right to go with what your comfortable with. I hate having to do a frantic run after disembarkation to get a flight.

I am assuming you are doing the same cruise, I have been to some places on this itinerary but they are ones I don't mind going back to. Hopefully we will get some sunshine.

What prices are like now - when we first looked at it in Sept, a balcony with flights was over £2,000 then it went down to £1700 inc flights, just after we booked it went back up again.

Anne

We are on Silhouette in September and the only direct flight back to Manchester is on Ryanair from Ciampino. I thought long and hard about both the airline and the airport, but in the end decided to risk it. Our flight is 11.25am so we plan on leaving the ship at 7am . I've booked private transfers with http://www.romeairporttransportation.com for €120 each way. You may find others on your roll call who are on the same or similar timed flights and are willing to share

Hi Suekay,

Are you on the Silhouette 14 September cruise getting into Civitavecchia on 22 Sept? We are on this cruise and also need to go to Ciampino airport for an 11.50am Ryanair flight and are looking at arranging a private transfer. If you are - would you be willing to share a transfer?

Thanks

Lisa

• 2 months later...

we booked with http://www.romeairporttransportation.com ( very easy Booking) from Fiumicino Airport to the port of Civitavecchia. And the port of Civitavecchia to our Hotel http://www.hotelnerva.com. Both services were impeccable, courteous drivers and on time, leave you quiet all the way, we were very relaxed. Though the cruise with Princess Majestic has been a few days, we had a pleasant holiday. The next day we used the http://www.traveltransfersrome.com for our tour Rome. our guide was waiting for us at the hotel with our driver. Very professional and well cared for in detail. all tickets have been booked in advance. we skipped the long line even in the Vatican Museums. I must tell you that we have chosen two wonderful companies which have given us a great holiday.

thankg again Sonya

:halo::halo::(