JS Mariner Aft 7692 Balcony Photos

masonpips

We had Cabin 7692 on the Mariner and after so many questions re: aft balconies, I thought these pics would help. It was VERY deep and the obstruction did not bother us at all. We wouldn't hesitate to book aft again.

Hope this helps!

47b5ce05b3127cce98548dc645a600000020108IasnLRw0Zo

Shared album

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IasnLRw0Zs7k&notag=1

Hello there! We are booked in the identical cabin as yours but on the starboard side. Could you describe the obstruction. Can the balconies above you see onto your balcony and can you see below you onto the sixth deck balcony? Now what about sun and shade? My main concern I guess would be how private is this balcony. Also, what exactly is this deck on the fifth that juts out? What is it used for and did it bother you? Thanks for your response.

When we were booking our JS (on the Voyager), our TA told us to stay as close to the center of the ship as possible so that we would feel the least movement. For all of you aft cabin lovers, do you not feel movement being completely at the back of the ship? Thanks.

Hello there! We are booked in the identical cabin as yours but on the starboard side. Could you describe the obstruction. Can the balconies above you see onto your balcony and can you see below you onto the sixth deck balcony? Now what about sun and shade? My main concern I guess would be how private is this balcony. Also, what exactly is this deck on the fifth that juts out? What is it used for and did it bother you? Thanks for your response.

The obstruction was just the outside supports and did not bother us at all as they were so far out from the ship.

No one can see into your balcony unless the neighbors on either side stick their head aroundt he divider - it was very private and we never knew if anyone else was out on their balconies at all.

The gray area on the sixth floor is just there, we never saw it being used for anything, but was being swept off (power hose) on the first day - never saw anyone out there again the whole trip.

47b5ce05b3127cce98548dd9c48900000017108IasnLRw0Zo

When we were booking our JS (on the Voyager), our TA told us to stay as close to the center of the ship as possible so that we would feel the least movement. For all of you aft cabin lovers, do you not feel movement being completely at the back of the ship? Thanks.

We had very calm seas so we felt very little movement overall and I didn't notice any difference being aft. There was some engine vibration but not enough to bother us, just more of a "white noise" effect and very soothing actually

Huumm.Interesting..We had 6688 corner aft,which is an E1....It seems ours was a bit larger...I guess because it was the corner...

It was wonderful though...

We did feel a lot of movement...But the whole ship was rocking ,as attested to by everyone we came in contact,including the Staff..

We had very high winds the first 2 days...(53 relative wind speed across the bow).We went through on the way out what eventually became TS Tammy.After we made it to St Thomas,and all the way home...It was very smooth.

Hi,

thanks for posting this. We have 7690 booked on Mariner in January. It was nice to hear you felt very little motion or were at all bothered by the aft location. We have heard so much about it that when we saw this cabin available we jumped on it. Have heard nothing but good things. We are not at all bothered about the long walk, just figure it will be good to burn a few calories. We will be right next to the cabin you had so we are glad to hear how much you liked it. We can't wait to enjoy our aft balcony. We talk about it every day. Thanks.......

Hi,

thanks for posting this. We have 7690 booked on Mariner in January. It was nice to hear you felt very little motion or were at all bothered by the aft location. We have heard so much about it that when we saw this cabin available we jumped on it. Have heard nothing but good things. We are not at all bothered about the long walk, just figure it will be good to burn a few calories. We will be right next to the cabin you had so we are glad to hear how much you liked it. We can't wait to enjoy our aft balcony. We talk about it every day. Thanks.......

Did the ship back into port at all? Just curious about that, was yours an Eastern or Western cruise????

We just came off Mariner and had an E1 6388 aft corner. I agree the other posts. The balcony was very deep. The only time we saw any one out there was again on day one, the deck being hosed after that we never saw anyone else. It was very quiet back there. We loved it and would have the same cabin in a heartbeat.

Kate

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Did the ship back into port at all? Just curious about that, was yours an Eastern or Western cruise????

We did not back into port at all which I would have thought would have been disappointing, but having the view of the sea at each location was actually great. We were Eastern and in Nassau we saw an airplane land on the water back there. In St. Maarten we were on deck as we "backed out" to sea and then did this amazing turn and we went to our balcony and could see the city.

In St. Thomas we were last ship in so we again faced out to sea (versus looking at another ship) and it was great!

Oh I forgot about the planes..In St Marteen and Nassau...We saw the planes...Especially in St Thomas....there was one every 10 or 15 min...( I think St Thomas...Maybe ...St Marteen... :confused: either way...It was cool.

Mcca2...we were on the other side from you... 6688

• 1 year later...

Archived