Walk to Port? Ft. Lauderdale

Nrknits

If you are staying in a nearby hotel, can you walk to the port? We will be at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th and I'm pretty sure our ship, Royal Princess. will be in berth 2. Our luggage has wheels, only 2 pieces. Will they let us walk through?

If you are staying in a nearby hotel, can you walk to the port? We will be at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th and I'm pretty sure our ship, Royal Princess. will be in berth 2. Our luggage has wheels, only 2 pieces. Will they let us walk through?

Yes, if you're ship is at Terminal 2 it's an easy walk. Since they moved the guard shack farther in I don't think you will have anyone stop you.

Edited by Lido_Deck

In FLA heat/humidity - no thanks. I'll spend a few bucks for a taxi/Uber ;)

Florida heat and humidity??

Right now as I type this it is 51 degrees, heavily overcast and damp. The forecasted high is 57 degrees.

It's less than a half mile from the HIE to Terminal 2 with sidewalks all the way. It's a walk in the park.

When you are in port do you call a taxi to come pick you up at the ship?

You can walk into the port with your suitcase but as others have said, if your terminal number is higher than 4, you may want to consider a taxi, Uber, or Lyft. It's several miles from one end of the port to the other end. It also depends on the time of year. You probably won't want to walk more than 2 blocks when it's above 85 and very humid which is from May till October

Thank you, we are boarding on the 7th of February, so not overly concerned about weather, unless there is rain. I will double check on where the ship is docked and enjoy the walk! Thank you for all your input. Nancy

It's a very nice walk. I've done it 8 or 10 times. If you don't like to take a short walk that's your business, but please don't condemn those of us who do.

Relax I wasn't condemning you. Just saying that I wouldn't do it. I guess "nice walk" means different things to different people.

I like to look nice when I get on the ship not sweaty and tired lugging luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Florida heat and humidity??

Right now as I type this it is 51 degrees, heavily overcast and damp. The forecasted high is 57 degrees.

It's less than a half mile from the HIE to Terminal 2 with sidewalks all the way. It's a walk in the park.

When you are in port do you call a taxi to come pick you up at the ship?

No but if they have those bicycle taxis I take those!

I like helping the local economy plus I'm lazy. Very lazy. Why walk when I can ride? I walk enough on the ship and while on vacation.

Give me transportation anytime and anyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a link to my "review" of a walk a couple of years ago in December to terminal 2. We'd do it again next week but couldn't get into a hotel close enough.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140888&highlight=walk+to+ship

Here is a link to my "review" of a walk a couple of years ago in December to terminal 2. We'd do it again next week but couldn't get into a hotel close enough.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140888&highlight=walk+to+ship

They've moved the guard shack farther into the port so you no longer have to go through it to get to Terminal 2.

Keep in mind the OP was asking about walking from the Holiday Inn Express which is next door to Walgreens. I'm thinking about a 5 minute walk.

They've moved the guard shack farther into the port so you no longer have to go through it to get to Terminal 2.

Keep in mind the OP was asking about walking from the Holiday Inn Express which is next door to Walgreens. I'm thinking about a 5 minute walk.

Oooo...even better!!

I knew about the guard shack move through the boards but figured if it wasn't seen, then OP would just proceed forward. And for us, it would be a no brainer to walk from Holiday Inn Express as long as the weather was cooperative, like it was the last time we walked. This time, we're waaaaaaaaay over at the Hampton Inn north of FLL so that's a mite too far for a casual stroll...Uber it is!