No more salmon at breakfast Buffett ?

bostonfred

I heard on the Star they eliminated the salmon at breakfast...is this true? How about other ships? This was a favorite of ours:)

The EPIC had salmon mousse available at the Garden Cafe (two weeks ago). I did not look for salmon for breakfast elsewhere.

I read that you can ask for it at the buffet and they will bring you some.

We tried that, the Pearl said we would have to wait and ask the "Chef" and on the Epic they said only in MDR.

It was much better on the Pearl only being chopped, it was like they forgot to whip the mousse in. Not good on the Epic.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

It is also an omelet ingredient choice in O'Sheehan's, quite tasty too.

On the Dawn a fellow passenger asked for some lox and received it in the buffet. I never did, the mousse was fine for me, in fact much less sodium and a nice way to get a veggie in the diet early in the day, NCL did me a favor.

Replaced by Salmon Mousse late last year. Still available in MDR and Haven where those apply.

and the Salmon mouse is awful. I did have salmon in the MDR for breakfast one morning but needed to order 2 orders to get enough for one serving. It was one of my few dining room experiences that I feel fell short on our Epic cruise. Knowing the price of Lox, I can understand the cut bak, and I remember when they didn't servie it at all in the buffets.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I blame this on my nephew.

I was on the Getaway with him last feb and he would eat like a pound of the lox at breakfast every morning.

I'm sure when he turns 21 NCL Will do away with the UBP.

Now I'm going to have to go down to savor and breakfast will take an hour.

I don't know about the MDR or Main Buffet but the thin sliced salmon (lox) were still available in Cagney's on the VIP cold breakfast buffet on the Dawn in January.

Served with a glass of bubbly or two, this made breaking the fast delectable and classy. :cool:

But, the appetizer sized smoked cold salmon filet on toast points with tartar sauce was gone from the VIP lunch menu. :mad:

Washed down with a nice Chardonnay, it has been my every day VIP luncheon staple for years (Yum).

I asked the Maitre 'd and he said he had no idea why it had been removed by Miami, since it had been very popular.

He had it ready for me every day for the remainder of the cruise. :D

I wonder if some of the menu changes are victims of Miami bean counters squeezing blood from the proverbial turnip or if the Miami Culinary office is listening to passengers with the tastes of classless Phillistines. :eek:

Edited by Uniall

I blame this on my nephew.

I was on the Getaway with him last feb and he would eat like a pound of the lox at breakfast every morning.

I'm sure when he turns 21 NCL Will do away with the UBP.

Now I'm going to have to go down to savor and breakfast will take an hour.

This made me laugh! I know how he feels. I had lox every morning. Luxury!

• 3 weeks later...
I heard on the Star they eliminated the salmon at breakfast...is this true? How about other ships? This was a favorite of ours:)

I read that you can ask for it at the buffet and they will bring you some.

Special Order if you want...

WE were on the Gem a few weeks ago... did not ask for salmon,

however I noticed a couple next to us in the buffet were served a nice presentation of lox for breakfast.

Sailed on the Dawn the week of 2-5. I was served salmon on the breakfast buffet each morning, but had to ask for it at the end of the line. Waiter would reach under the counter and give me as many "rolls" (two or three slices rolled up) as I wanted. I usually took two or three. They tried to do it secretively, usually taking my plate under the counter. It was only available on one side and I was directed to the appropriate line by a waiter from the "wrong" side. I did see a few others getting it as well.

I only inquired because of a posting I had read on this board. Greatly appreciated the info as I always look forward to salmon for breakfast when cruising.