Switching back to the old Format ...

I was exchanging dialouge with CC in NJ over the weekend. I complimented them on the fast revision back to the old form. I gave them some suggestions on expanding the Beta group. High poster count folks are fine but you need a spectrum of posters to see how the overall audience responds and look to their feedback. Keeping it to a select few may have been a starting point but not to have invested the entire launch upon one segement of the community was not the way to go IMHO

Edited by FireStation46

If you click on your username in the upper right, and hen "Edit Options", scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will find the option to change the "skin" back to the old format. Click on "form default" and save.

That should do it.....

Thanks for the tip. The new format hurt my eyes.

HELP.

I don't like the new format and the instructions to change back won't work for me. I followed the instruction and drop down box to change back to the old format, will not "drop down"

This is the first the new format has came up for me and I don't like it at all.

HELP.

I don't like the new format and the instructions to change back won't work for me. I followed the instruction and drop down box to change back to the old format, will not "drop down"

This is the first the new format has came up for me and I don't like it at all.

Yea, they disabled that earlier this week. sorry

If you click on your username in the upper right, and hen "Edit Options", scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will find the option to change the "skin" back to the old format. Click on "form default" and save.

That should do it.....

Thanks for the directions... However, the instructions didn't work 😒 I got a "stop" icon when trying to use the pull down for changing forum "skin"... looks like I'm stuck with the new format 😒

So why are some getting the new format and others still getting the old??

Does it matter what browser you use?? Chrome, Explorer??

It's becoming aware. :eek:

Seriously, I have no idea. I have two Dell laptops, both on W7 and Chrome and the one for work is still showing the old version.

I haven't seen any change to my phone yet. Android HTC

Update - opened CC with IE9 on my work computer and got the new version.

So right now I have them running side by side on two monitors.

Edited by John&LaLa

In the drop-down menu (that is now disabled), the template is called "Bug Human 1.0". How appropriate :rolleyes: Can't wait to see what version 1.1 or 2.0 brings...more bugging...

I'm not a fan of how it doesn't make good use of whitespace after your browser window goes beyond a certain width (which is going to happen on a widescreen monitor). The new template appears a lot less space-efficient. For example, when viewing the list of threads, there are far fewer that can fit on one screen than there used to be.

In the drop-down menu (that is now disabled), the template is called "Bug Human 1.0". How appropriate :rolleyes: Can't wait to see what version 1.1 or 2.0 brings...more bugging...

I'm not a fan of how it doesn't make good use of whitespace after your browser window goes beyond a certain width (which is going to happen on a widescreen monitor). The new template appears a lot less space-efficient. For example, when viewing the list of threads, there are far fewer that can fit on one screen than there used to be.

Maybe they are making room for "ads" in the near future.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never seen the new format. I tried rescaling the display to highest and no change on new IMac 21.

Also, still have to slide sideways to see those pics on page 1 even with high resolution. Glad to hear the new format has the auto sizing.

That should do it.....

I just tried and it will not go back to the previous skin. It has been blocked as a option. Yuck!

That should do it.....

When I got to the "skin" box, the "form default" was greyed out and wouldn't let me click on it. Any suggestions?

So why are some getting the new format and others still getting the old??

Does it matter what browser you use?? Chrome, Explorer??

Good question. I've been using the exact same laptop and the exact same browser (Firefox) and have been switched back and forth 3 times now. Currently stuck on the new format, and hoping it goes back soon.