Switching back to the old Format ...

If you click on your username in the upper right, and hen "Edit Options", scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will find the option to change the "skin" back to the old format. Click on "form default" and save.

That should do it.....

If you click on your username in the upper right, and hen "Edit Options", scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will find the option to change the "skin" back to the old format. Click on "form default" and save.

That should do it.....

Thank you! this new format was driving me insane. Change is good.....sometimes. ;)

That should do it.....

I did this and it worked for a couple of days, then I got switched back to the new format. My skin format selection did not change.

I'm still trying to figure out what is better about the new format.

I did this and it worked for a couple of days, then I got switched back to the new format. My skin format selection did not change.

I'm still trying to figure out what is better about the new format.

Everything :o

I've noticed it's much whiter. :eek:

Is there something in particular you don't like about it? Navigation is fairly intuitive. As I recall there was a big change to FB a couple years ago, really hated it. Now I can't recall what it was.

Seriously, it's not a big deal. My forums app on the phone still looks the same, however TapaTalk looks a little different

Edited by John&LaLa

The new design is fine for smaller devices, but on my 27 inch monitor, the responsive layout switches at 990 pixels and doesn't get any wider with a bigger screen. The result is the main content area is limited to a width designed for monitors from the 1990s.

This is what I call poor responsive design.

The forum main area itself should fill about 980 pixels, with the additional right column filling the rest to 1280pixels.

Everything :o

I've noticed it's much whiter. :eek:

Is there something in particular you don't like about it? Navigation is fairly intuitive. As I recall there was a big change to FB a couple years ago, really hated it. Now I can't recall what it was.

Seriously, it's not a big deal. My forums app on the phone still looks the same, however TapaTalk looks a little different

My biggest problem with the new format is how much dead space there is on the left/right. It is truly wasted space. I get it would help the display on smaller screens (tablets and phones), but when you're at an actual PC with a decent monitor, it's a waste.

Do big pics messenger it up like old version.

d1d5e39013b66d0a234d23f2b9082615.jpg

Ok, so there is a major improvement, the old format wants to display this pic full width and it forces you to scroll to the right side to access buttons. New format adjust pic to fit your device. Just like the phone app does. Big win in my book.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

The new design is fine for smaller devices, but on my 27 inch monitor, the responsive layout switches at 990 pixels and doesn't get any wider with a bigger screen. The result is the main content area is limited to a width designed for monitors from the 1990s.

This is what I call poor responsive design.

The forum main area itself should fill about 980 pixels, with the additional right column filling the rest to 1280pixels.

Turn your oversized monitor to portrait mode. ;)

d1d5e39013b66d0a234d23f2b9082615.jpg

Ok, so there is a major improvement, the old format wants to display this pic full width and it forces you to scroll to the right side to access buttons. New format adjust pic to fit your device. Just like the phone app does. Big win in my book.

I'm back on the old format (I never made a change, I was trying to "tough it through"), and your picture displays correctly to me (no scroll bars).

Interesting, as on my MacBook Pro using Safari and still in the old format, that photo fits perfectly, no need to scroll. Maybe that enhancement has been applied to both the new and old formats???

I'm back on the old format (I never made a change, I was trying to "tough it through"), and your picture displays correctly to me (no scroll bars).

Interesting, as on my MacBook Pro using Safari and still in the old format, that photo fits perfectly, no need to scroll. Maybe that enhancement has been applied to both the new and old formats???

It may depend on monitor size. it definitely messes with my 14" laptop monitor. looks ok on my 23" secondary monitor

Not sure what everyone is talking about. Nothing has changed for me as far as I can tell.

You would know it if the format has changed for you.

Mine has changed back and forth a few times now. Right now it's back to the old format. Earlier this morning, it was in the new format. Like John says, lots of white. It's much more difficult to see things with the new format, it seems more confusing and much less organized.

It may depend on monitor size. it definitely messes with my 14" laptop monitor. looks ok on my 23" secondary monitor

Check your screen resolution. The higher the resolution, the more content you can fit on the screen. It can vary by screen, even on the same computer.

That depends on your default display format. Many home users are still stuck on something less than 1024 x 768. I've been in the PC business since the inception and went through Monochrome text only through CGA, EGA, VGA and up to current standards for reviews I just started formattting my pics in 1024x768 and letting grandma and her 800x600 screen scroll a bit. It seems even today's 13" notebooks use 1024 or larger. But I did notice like John said, the new forum format did autosize it. But for me, it had all kinds of other formatting issues. (But I haven't looked in a week.) i access this forum on 2 different PCs, 2 different laptops, and my phone.

Check your screen resolution. The higher the resolution, the more content you can fit on the screen. It can vary by screen, even on the same computer.

Unfortunately, I'm referring to my work computer. The resolution is optimized for the tasks I get paid for. 😱