11 things on Eclipse that are better today than last March

cruisestitch

1. No thump thump music in al Bacio -- it's a nice place to sit again

2. No ping pong tournaments in the Atrium, also no dance classes with blaring music that made even the library up on deck 10 unpleasant. The whole daytime environment is much more serene

3. Lots of new books in the library, and not all of them in the science fiction - fantasy genre

4. New chairs in Celebrity Central to replace the broken ones

5. Regional and ethnic food each night in Oceanview....Caribbean night was especially tasty

6. A good selection of Belkin accessories in the ilounge

7. Pie day in the Oceanview cafe....main dish pies as well as desserts.

8. A rotating selection of doughnuts at al Bacio instead of custard filled every single day....even variety in the flavor of jelly used each day

9. The return of Luggage Valet

10. Today's risotto in the Oceanview Cafe...in fact all the Italian offerings were delicious. But the risotto was outstanding.

11. Richard (of the vest of many pockets) is back for the time being in the Ilounge, doing wonderful technology seminars.

Edited by cruisestitch

1. No thump thump music in al Bacio -- it's a nice place to sit again

2. No ping pong tournaments in the Atrium, also no dance classes with blaring music that made even the library up on deck 10 unpleasant. The whole daytime environment is much more serene

3. Lots of new books in the library, and not all of them in the science fiction - fantasy genre

4. New chairs in Celebrity Central to replace the broken ones

5. Regional and ethnic food each night in Oceanview....Caribbean night was especially tasty

6. A good selection of Belkin accessories in the ilounge

7. Pie day in the Oceanview cafe....main dish pies as well as desserts.

8. A rotating selection of doughnuts at al Bacio instead of custard filled every single day....even variety in the flavor of jelly used each day

9. The return of Luggage Valet

10. Today's risotto in the Oceanview Cafe...in fact all the Italian offerings were delicious. But the risotto was outstanding.

11. Richard (of the vest of many pockets) is back for the time being in the Ilounge, doing wonderful technology seminars.

Thanks!

We'll be on her on Sunday and I'm glad to hear good things.

(I don't remember #1 and #2 from last February but varying the food in Oceanview is a wonderful improvement!)

It's only February 1 so pi day hasn't happened yet. It was a lunch thing, with Guinness steak pie, chicken pot pie, etc and several dessert pies.

Ahh. Didn't realize when you said today, you actually meant TODAY. I read it more generically as "these days...". But now I see that #10 "Today's Risotto" should have been the giveaway.....

Thanks for taking the time to share these! We will be on the Eclipse for three cruises so it's something more to look forward to....I like the idea of the evening variety in Ocean View. we generally stick to the MDR or Blu (once), but being on for so long might see us in Ocean View more often. Last cruise my husband wandered in there one early evening and they had crab legs! he was one happy camper!

We were on the January 8 sailing of the Eclipse. We were also glad that Top Chef is no longer on the menu. We had brisket one night and it was delicious- never saw it on the menu before and we have been on 17 Celebrity cruises. Regarding Celebrity Central: there are still some broken seats in there that need to be fixed. Hope someone from Celebrity is reading this.

We were on the January 8 sailing of the Eclipse. We were also glad that Top Chef is no longer on the menu. We had brisket one night and it was delicious- never saw it on the menu before and we have been on 17 Celebrity cruises. Regarding Celebrity Central: there are still some broken seats in there that need to be fixed. Hope someone from Celebrity is reading this.

I found the menu with the brisket. Any recollection on what night that was served? Just trying to figure out which nights I want to eat in the MDR vs. Specialty. Thanks hurwitz5 and Cruisestitch!!