Majesty this summer with family

My husband and I have been on a few RC cruises, Freedom (2x) Enchantment (2x) and our very first cruise was on Monarch. We have also been on 2 Holland America ships. We are taking my daughter and son-in-law and our 3 grandchildren (boy-15, girls 11 and 8) on the Majesty this summer, this will be their first cruise.

I know Majesty is an older and smaller ship and I am prepared for that and hoping to not be disappointed. With this being the families first cruise, I believe they will enjoy it, and our enjoyment will be watching them.

We will be on a 4 day cruise. My questions:

1. Will there be plenty for the kids to occupy them? Does the new kids pool have age limits?

2. I will be looking for a hotel/park package with a shuttle to the port, any suggestions.

3. What is the condition of the ship?

4. Best excursion while in Nassau that kids will enjoy. They are all 3 excellent swimmers, so I expect we will need to find something involving the water.

Last, but not least, please reassure me that this older lady will be better than what I have read!!

Any positive feedback will be GREATLY appreciated.

YEs..the size of the cabins will be the worst part of the ship..teeny is how big they are! Hopefully, you booked 2 cabins or a larger suite! Hubby and I were in a Superior OV and we both couldn't walk in the room at the same time. One of us had to sit on the bed while the other was moving about!

Edited by cb at sea

To cb at sea: I booked 3 cabins, knowing they were teeny tiny. My daughter and the girls will be in one, my son-in-law and grandson will be next door to them, and my husband and myself are a couple doors down, all rooms are OV.

Thanks to all so far for the positivity!!

In Nassau I'm sure that your kids would enjoy Atlantis and its waterpark. We've been there numerous times and our kids and us have a blast.

You are in Nassau all day which is perfect. It is a bit expensive but if you book a room at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island (next door to Atlantis) you will get park privileges at Atlantis. It is significantly cheaper doing it this way rather than booking through the cruise line or through Atlantis direct. It would be around $350-$400 depending on the time of year.

You mentioned that you were on Monarch previously so will be familiar with the layout of Majesty since they are sister ships.

We have been on recently and she is in good shape for an older vessel. The crew is fantastic and go out of their way to help you have a great cruise.

We were on Majesty last year, and she was in fine condition, with an excellent crew. Staterooms are smaller than those in the newer ships.

Quick question...we are on the 3 night...is there a formal night? If so does anyone know which night?

My husband and I have been on a few RC cruises, Freedom (2x) Enchantment (2x) and our very first cruise was on Monarch. We have also been on 2 Holland America ships. We are taking my daughter and son-in-law and our 3 grandchildren (boy-15, girls 11 and 8) on the Majesty this summer, this will be their first cruise.

I know Majesty is an older and smaller ship and I am prepared for that and hoping to not be disappointed. With this being the families first cruise, I believe they will enjoy it, and our enjoyment will be watching them.

We will be on a 4 day cruise. My questions:

1. Will there be plenty for the kids to occupy them? Does the new kids pool have age limits?

2. I will be looking for a hotel/park package with a shuttle to the port, any suggestions.

3. What is the condition of the ship?

4. Best excursion while in Nassau that kids will enjoy. They are all 3 excellent swimmers, so I expect we will need to find something involving the water.

Last, but not least, please reassure me that this older lady will be better than what I have read!!

Any positive feedback will be GREATLY appreciated.

We usually stay at the Residence Inn by the port and they have an excellent hotel/park package. And they have a great shuttle to take you to the port! Highly recommend.

As for kids activities, I recommend stopping by the Adventure Ocean on the first day to get them signed up. (Even if they don't go - they will at least have the option.) Our DD (5) LOVED it.