Insuline Dependant

Susa

We just surprised in-laws with the 10-day Ultimate on Celebrity. The next day, she got sick and has since had to adjust her insuline. She seems to still be having a very hard time. :(

Has anyone had to cancell w/in a month of their cruise and been reimbursed by the cruise insurance? Would we be reimbursed for only her or for all of us not going due to her medical reason?

I'd hate to go without her and the 5K+ loss hurts as well, should she not be well enough to go.

Any experiences?:confused:

Thanks

Did you purchase travel insurance? If you did, it would cover illness as long as either the condition was not pre-existing or you purchased it within the first 10 days to 2 weeks of your original deposit.

I hope your MIL is better real soon and you are all able to go and enjoy your cruise. I have no idea how long it takes to regulate insulin, my SIL is diabetic, but we never really discuss it much. Have her talk it over with her doctor before cancelling your plans/

If you purchased the insurance from Celebrity, then even if the claim is not upheld due to a pre-existing condition, she would still be able to roll 75% of the cruise cost into a future cruise, as Celebrity's insurance does that for any uninsured reason. Her travelling companions, if also insured by Celebrity may also be covered. As a prior poster said, your only sure advice needs to come from your insurer.

Archived