Benefits of booking on board

dloy1324

Greetings,

New to Regent cruising and booked on the Explorer, March 11, 2018. Have read on numerous posts of cruisers frequently booking their next cruise while on their current cruise. What are benefits in this method of booking as opposed to booking with your TA?

I ask because it is quite apparent we will love cruising with Regent and we want to have our next cruise picked out before we embark March of next year.

Thank you for your responses.

Dirk and Loy

First, it is important to know that onboard bookings are automatically transferred to your TA (hope that you have a good one).

When you book onboard, you receive an onboard booking credit. This changes depending upon the cruise and your suite category.

As an example, a 20 night Explorer cruise in March, 2018 has the following onboard booking credits:

Master/Grand Suite - $800/person

Seven Seas Suite - $600/person

Cat. A - C - $550/person

Cat D-E - $500/person

Cat F1-F2 - $450/person

Cat G- H - $400/person

In the same month, a 16 night Mariner cruise has onboard booking credits ranging from $200/person to $400/person. So, as you can see, the amounts vary quite a bit.

While it isn't possible to tell what other promotions will be in place next year, when we booked a cruise onboard in November, we received $100 OBC to be used on the cruise we were on. Sometimes the deposits are lower when you book onboard.

Also, you can transfer your booking to another cruise and retain the benefits twice (it may have changed to one time - perhaps someone else can chime in).

Good to hear that you like Regent. We were not interested in cruising - until we cruised on Regent and are now addicted:)

Also don't forget if you want a type of cabin, don't wait because higher suites and PH suites go fast. Once you book to hold you won't get the credit I'm told. We booked a Grand suite for April of next year and most of the better suites are already sold. So don't wait if you really want a cabin type. Also we have one booked for Nov of this year and most sold out already. I guess what I'm saying, if the cabin/suite is important-better not wait.

Rick