FTTF sold out, worth stalking and hoping or just forget about it?

Maggiebobo

Still stalking and it's still sold out. I've decide I'll keep checking and if it pops up I'll get it. If it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be and our cruise will still be amazing with and extra $120ish to spend. Thanks again for everyone's opinion, I really appreciate it.

We booked a relatively last minute cruise on Liberty a few weeks ago - leaving March 2 (only 17 days!!!!!!!). FTTF was long ago sold out, I'm sure, but I kept checking a few times every day. I figured there was no chance a FTTF spot would open up this close to our cruise date, but today it did! So, if you decide to go for it, don't give up hope - just keep checking!

on NCL you are perfectly fine to just drop off bags in your cabin no matter what. they will still be cleaning the room possibly though

unsure how carnival handles early attempts to do this

I have heard of folks that go by their room and drop off carryon bags on Carnival. We will most likely try it on ours in March.:p

I have heard of folks that go by their room and drop off carryon bags on Carnival. We will most likely try it on ours in March.:p

Which is why carnival has started to not issue room keys at embarkation for some ships. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP here, I have acquired FTTF for one room, so still stalking for the other. I was really ok without it after reading everyone's replies. I thought it would be great if we had it but wasn't going to stress it. My husband however, really thought FTTF sounded like something we would really enjoy, so I've been stalking. I have until July to snag one more! Thanks again for everyones replies, I do appreciate it.

I thought the S&S card was your room key? Hard to believe they don't want you to use that until your room is ready......

yup, you can use your boarding pass until you receive your room key (aka S&S)

they are rolling it out on some ships, first it helps clear up the log-jam at check in and not proving the card at embarkation means that when you try to get into your room without diamond/platinum/FTTF you have no key to open the door to your room.

as a side note, People always say the room steward doesn't mind when they drop off their bags. what do you expect them to say, when they know that people will remove tips? people dropping off their bags means that the steward has to move them to clean, or has to work around them, cutting down their efficiency which slows down the time everyone is allowed to access their rooms.

I keep debating I have gone both ways used it before and really enjoy it - Then have had trips where I did not have it and did not need it but now the last trip I was on I spent a hour waiting in line the morning of debarkation along with several other trips to the line that would have made it worth while

We have 2 spa rooms booked at Christmas time and I keep debating about getting it this time - I don't feel like it would be worth $140 but then on the other hand I keep thinking it would be nice to be able to come early in the day and get right on the boat as soon as we can and be able to pop our stuff into our room - have some lunch and get in a little nap before muster - But then I think ahh I really don't need it

Thank you for your post. It answered this very question I started in another thread.

I have actually seen cabin stewards chase people out of a passageway to drop off a bag because they were cleaning. Even when those big side doors are closed, people still meander down there and get in the way.

I really don't have any sympathy to folks who buy a bunch of 12 packs of soda and have to lug them around with their carry-ons. Everyone makes choices, so be willing to live the choices you make.

We have a late flight, so hoping that we can get to our room by the time we get on board. If not, pass me a DoD and I'll relax topside until we can go below deck.

yup, you can use your boarding pass until you receive your room key (aka S&S)

they are rolling it out on some ships, first it helps clear up the log-jam at check in and not proving the card at embarkation means that when you try to get into your room without diamond/platinum/FTTF you have no key to open the door to your room.

as a side note, People always say the room steward doesn't mind when they drop off their bags. what do you expect them to say, when they know that people will remove tips? people dropping off their bags means that the steward has to move them to clean, or has to work around them, cutting down their efficiency which slows down the time everyone is allowed to access their rooms.

Thank you for your post. It answered this very question I started in another thread.

I have actually seen cabin stewards chase people out of a passageway to drop off a bag because they were cleaning. Even when those big side doors are closed, people still meander down there and get in the way.

I really don't have any sympathy to folks who buy a bunch of 12 packs of soda and have to lug them around with their carry-ons. Everyone makes choices, so be willing to live the choices you make.

We have a late flight, so hoping that we can get to our room by the time we get on board. If not, pass me a DoD and I'll relax topside until we can go below deck.

We bring a twelve pack and wine, we put it all in a small roll aboard. Easy peasy.

But we also purchase FTTF so we can go right to our room, drop off items and unpack. (After we visit the excursion desk to pick out our Cabana for HMC)

You hit the nail on the head, everyone has choices to make.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"Limited Availability" for FTTF was showing on our booking, so I booked our second needed FTTF for our cruise. It's only our second cruise and our first time using it, so now I'll be able to help advise people after our cruise as to the necessity of it ;)

I think the biggest problem I have with deciding whether to go with FTTF is that it's very circumstantial... if the ship boarding is late, that can affect its value... if you're arriving late at the port anyway, it's not as helpful. If you have tender ports on your cruise, it can be great... so I think that I will just have to evaluate it cruise by cruise, and decide each time if it's worthwhile for us.

I just wish it would stop going up so much in price- in the beginning it was definitely worth the cost... now it just seems like a money grab by Carnival.