What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

The Spa access comes with the Spa cabin no matter how it was booked, outright or with an upgrade. I am not sure however if you can specify bidding on a regular spa balcony. We had originally booked a spa balcony and with the upgrade invite - we could have bid on a mini-suite - but could not designate a Spa Mini.

Thank you for answering my question - I appreciate the definitive answer coming from someone who's experienced it, rather than reading stock FAQs (where I did NOT find my answer!)

I've been upgraded 3x 1x time through the bidding on Escape to Haven Aft master bedroom Penthouse. I've now bid on a 2 bedroom haven suite on a 9 day pearl cruise 11/10. We are already in a nonhaven SE forward Penthouse. I'm on the fence if it is worth it on this six port intensive trip and smaller ships Haven have no restaurant or haven lounge so all we are getting is the pool and sun deck. Bid is minimum but they have 8 open so we have a good chance at 1200 total. Now I see bids being accepted early. My experience and most others is you do not get accepted until 3-4 days before. See bids for haven being accepted 3 weeks and longer. I guess I better figure out if 1200 is worth it go move from a non Haven suite to a Haven suite. There are 3 women in the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've now bid on a 2 bedroom haven suite on a 9 day pearl cruise 11/10. We are already in a nonhaven SE forward Penthouse. I'm on the fence if it is worth it on this six port intensive trip and smaller ships Haven have no restaurant or haven lounge so all we are getting is the pool and sun deck. Bid is minimum but they have 8 open so we have a good chance at 1200 total. ... I guess I better figure out if 1200 is worth it go move from a non Haven suite to a Haven suite. There are 3 women in the room.

For $400 each, it's probably worth it just for the extra bathroom and bedroom. Although it will probably be a cheaper bid if you get the non-Haven 2-bedroom.

We're on the same cruise 16 days later and it's also $1200 total to bid on the Haven 2-bedroom from our 2-bedroom suite. There's four of us in the room, and we can't justify $300 each just for the Haven pool deck when we could book the spa pass for half that price.

For $400 each, it's probably worth it just for the extra bathroom and bedroom. Although it will probably be a cheaper bid if you get the non-Haven 2-bedroom.

We're on the same cruise 16 days later and it's also $1200 total to bid on the Haven 2-bedroom from our 2-bedroom suite. There's four of us in the room, and we can't justify $300 each just for the Haven pool deck when we could book the spa pass for half that price.

Spa is not that great on Pearl. No thermal pool and individual separate whirlpools There is a non haven 2 bedroom open but smaller balcony and not sure if I wanna give up the huge forward balcony for the added space. 400 total but there is only one right now[emoji15]. Decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Quick question. I have booked an inside cabin for a cruise on Epic next February. Would I be offered the chance to bid to upgrade. from inside to balcony or spa balcony? Is there any way to find out?

Thanks

If it’s a Studio cabin, no. Those are not eligible. If it’s a standard inside, certainly eligible.

Our upcoming TA on the Epic we were accepted to move from ID to BA - inside aft to mid-ship balcony.

We were offered to bid on Balcony and Mini Suite. We bid on both, balcony was accepted 66 days before sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=PugsRuleATL&date=10-29-2017&text=&ship=Norwegian%20Epic

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=PugsRuleATL&date=11-5-2017&text=&ship=Norwegian%20Epic

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=PugsRuleATL&date=11-18-2017&text=&ship=Norwegian%20Epic

Just did a quick google. There are a number of videos on youtube. Here you go.

Thank you. I am a member of Facebook group Norwegian Cruise Line, Cabins and Suites, but thanks for the link.

Look forward to seeing your pics and hope you get what you wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get it can you post pics once in it, I'm interested to see what they're like [emoji4]

Just did a quick google. There are a number of videos on youtube. Here you go.

Thank you. I am a member of Facebook group Norwegian Cruise Line, Cabins and Suites, but thanks for the link.

Look forward to seeing your pics and hope you get what you wanted.

I am confused with your reply. You earlier asked another poster for some pictures, so I provided a link to some videos in response to your post.

I am confused with your reply. You earlier asked another poster for some pictures, so I provided a link to some videos in response to your post.

When you've been on the cruise, it's great to see pictures of your personal experience too. Sorry didn't check who had sent the link, I guess I thought it was from the OP. My apologies. Once again, thanks for your help in providing a link.

Quick question. I have booked an inside cabin for a cruise on Epic next February. Would I be offered the chance to bid to upgrade. from inside to balcony or spa balcony? Is there any way to find out?

Thanks

My understanding is that you get the opportunity to bid (assuming ship is not sold out at final payment) two categories up from what you have booked. I could be wrong but I don't think you will be offered the spa balcony. Twice I have booked inside and had the opportunity to bid for OV and balcony. Last year our bid was accepted immediately on the Escape. This time we're on the Jade and I bid the same and got the email that we'd know two days before sailing. We got a balcony the first time...don't know yet but bid on one again this time. I looked at what one is selling for now. The top bid on the scale is exactly what one would be if I made a new booking today. I bid half that so will have to wait and see.

Just updating. We had a ocean view room. Bid $75/PP on the mini suite and $75/PP on the balcony. Both offers were rejected right at 48hrs prior to sailing. No big deal. We figured it wouldn't hurt to try for a balcony.

I guess you need to bid 100+ for balcony or 150+ for mini suite. Booked for late October and ncl has lots of balcony and mini suite still available. Happy with our OV, so if we don't get the upgrade no problem. Have been told with our date, probably ncl will love a extra 200 or 300. Funny as not to many OV are available. But does make sense as you get the same 2 perks as balcony and mini suite, at less cost. TA booked us the OV for just a few dollars more as the non perk OV. Usually done drink too much but at only 99.00 each for UDP, can't beat that. Lol, wife likes a glass of wine at dinner so in 7 nights the extra gratuities are paid for that alone. Glad to see that Bermuda has not been hit so far. But with my luck will end up with a balcony and find were going to Canada instead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

My understanding is that you get the opportunity to bid (assuming ship is not sold out at final payment) two categories up from what you have booked. I could be wrong but I don't think you will be offered the spa balcony. Twice I have booked inside and had the opportunity to bid for OV and balcony. Last year our bid was accepted immediately on the Escape. This time we're on the Jade and I bid the same and got the email that we'd know two days before sailing. We got a balcony the first time...don't know yet but bid on one again this time. I looked at what one is selling for now. The top bid on the scale is exactly what one would be if I made a new booking today. I bid half that so will have to wait and see.

We started with Balcony and were offered the opportunity to bid on Spa, Mini suite and haven several weeks ago, bid on spa and haven and got haven for our oct 1 cruise. We were notified last week.

We started with Balcony and were offered the opportunity to bid on Spa, Mini suite and haven several weeks ago, bid on spa and haven and got haven for our oct 1 cruise. We were notified last week.

What ship are you on, what was the minimum bid and what did you bid? And congratulations :)

What ship are you on, what was the minimum bid and what did you bid? And congratulations :)

We are on the Breakaway, Don't remember the detail of the bid(s) but I started at 520 for each. The more I read about the Haven I thought I really wanted the upgrade for the wife as this year is the 50th anniversary of our first date (married 44 years) so I raised them to 700.

We are on the Breakaway, Don't remember the detail of the bid(s) but I started at 520 for each. The more I read about the Haven I thought I really wanted the upgrade for the wife as this year is the 50th anniversary of our first date (married 44 years) so I raised them to 700.

Congratulations on your 50 years together and on your haven. I haven't sailed on NCL yet but I really hope I am able to get a Haven bid because its sounds wonderful.

I have a chance to bid on a balcony for our upcoming cruise, the opening bid is $75 and the max bid is $450. Funny thing is that I called NCL and asked how much would it cost to change to a balcony and I was told I could upgrade for $800 total. I am happy with my Inside cabin, but what the heck, worth it to bid $75 I guess.

I have a chance to bid on a balcony for our upcoming cruise, the opening bid is $75 and the max bid is $450. Funny thing is that I called NCL and asked how much would it cost to change to a balcony and I was told I could upgrade for $800 total. I am happy with my Inside cabin, but what the heck, worth it to bid $75 I guess.

Sure...as long as someone else on your cruise doesn't see your post and outbid you by bidding $80.

Not a problem, looks like they have plenty of unsold balcony cabin now.

"Plenty" now doesn't do you any good if you're on the short end when it comes to how many are unsold when the bids are actually awarded.

Posting a bid in a secret auction makes about as much sense as showing your cards in poker while bets are still being placed. All it does is make everyone else did MORE. NCL must be loving this...

"Plenty" now doesn't do you any good if you're on the short end when it comes to how many are unsold when the bids are actually awarded.

Posting a bid in a secret auction makes about as much sense as showing your cards in poker while bets are still being placed. All it does is make everyone else did MORE. NCL must be loving this...

I have gotten the feeling that many of the people that bid on balconies get them for right at the minimum bids. It seems like the suites get expensive when bid on.

I have gotten the feeling that many of the people that bid on balconies get them for right at the minimum bids. It seems like the suites get expensive when bid on.

I's LOVE to see the evidence to support that feeling.

Just for one sailing even. How many balconies were available for bid? How many people bid? What was the minimum and maximum amount bid? What were the minimum and maximum successful bids?

Does all of the supposition and guessing benefit the guest or does it benefit NCL? :rolleyes: