What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Has anyone ever actually gotten an upgrade to the Garden Villa or Owner's Suite through the upgrade process? We currently have bids in the lower end of "good" range for both of these, but no word yet, and we are 7 days out. Not holding my breath of course, but I just have this "feeling" that we will get that email any day now....LOL.

It's all good....as long as I'm cruising I can stay anywhere from an ocean view to the Haven and be happy!!!

I can't say I've seen any for the GV. OS and DOS do happen but not too many being reported. Also matters which ship - e.g. DOS on Star and Dawn more likely than say a Jewel class ship.

Sorry, new to this, I have a few questions that if anyone could answer would be greatly appreciated. I am sailing with friends ( 4 of us ). We sailed last year on the Breakaway so the single studio rooms were great. Were planning on going on the Gem in a few weeks, but that ship does not have those rooms so were exploring options. Either everyone book a single room to themselves, or get a haven suite that has separate bedrooms. ( 2 of us per suite). Is it possible for us to book an inside stateroom then try and bid high on getting the haven suite with bedrooms? Will we even receive an option to bid with the cruise only being a couple weeks away? ( its in late july ) Also does anyone have a clue as to how much PP a bid would be to go from an inside stateroom to a haven suite with bedrooms. Sorry for the long post! Thanks!

Sorry, new to this, I have a few questions that if anyone could answer would be greatly appreciated. I am sailing with friends ( 4 of us ). We sailed last year on the Breakaway so the single studio rooms were great. Were planning on going on the Gem in a few weeks, but that ship does not have those rooms so were exploring options. Either everyone book a single room to themselves, or get a haven suite that has separate bedrooms. ( 2 of us per suite). Is it possible for us to book an inside stateroom then try and bid high on getting the haven suite with bedrooms? Will we even receive an option to bid with the cruise only being a couple weeks away? ( its in late july ) Also does anyone have a clue as to how much PP a bid would be to go from an inside stateroom to a haven suite with bedrooms. Sorry for the long post! Thanks!

You will not be given the option to bid on an upgrade to Haven from inside. You will only be able to bid on ocean view and balconies, because you can only bid two "metas" higher than your own. The one caveat being that if you are in a haven, you can bid on other, higher category Havens. Also, you can't "combine" rooms. So if you had separate inside rooms for each person and one won an upgrade to a Haven two bedroom, only that ONE room would be upgraded, the other person would not be given Haven access.

You will not be given the option to bid on an upgrade to Haven from inside. You will only be able to bid on ocean view and balconies, because you can only bid two "metas" higher than your own. The one caveat being that if you are in a haven, you can bid on other, higher category Havens. Also, you can't "combine" rooms. So if you had separate inside rooms for each person and one won an upgrade to a Haven two bedroom, only that ONE room would be upgraded, the other person would not be given Haven access.

Thank you for clarifying. If we booked a GTY inside stateroom and bid to upgrade to a balcony, if we won the bid and received a room, would we then be able to move our rooms closer together?

Thank you for clarifying. If we booked a GTY inside stateroom and bid to upgrade to a balcony, if we won the bid and received a room, would we then be able to move our rooms closer together?

No, when you receive an upgrade via upgrade advantage, you are locked into the room you are assigned. Your credit card is charged immediately upon your upgrade being awarded and you cannot change rooms after that. It's actually one of the main things that deters people from bidding on upgrades. Many people don't want to risk a poor room location.

I am booked in an Mini Suite on the NCL SUN for around $1300 total for the 3 night cruise on July 13th.

The Penthouse is available for regular booking at around $1800 total for 2 Guests.

I got an upgrade offer for $320 a person and up from there...

So the upgrade would cost more then to book it original and get all the 5 perks too!

Is this normal...I could see that from a inside or balcony to be a fair offer, but not if the difference is actually less then the upgrade offer!

I am booked in an Mini Suite on the NCL SUN for around $1300 total for the 3 night cruise on July 13th.

The Penthouse is available for regular booking at around $1800 total for 2 Guests.

So the upgrade would cost more then to book it original and get all the 5 perks too!

Is this normal...I could see that from a inside or balcony to be a fair offer, but not if the difference is actually less then the upgrade offer!

So just buy the original. You of all people can certainly afford it.:rolleyes:

Good catch. Yes that can happen if the price of the PH drops.

Hello, everyone,

Due to the size of this thread and in the interest of smooth functioning of the forums on all platforms, this thread has been closed to new posts. It will remain available for reading and research.

New posts on this topic may be made in the new thread, here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2651424

If you have this thread bookmarked or have subscribed to it, remember to change those to the new thread.