Chocolate Cowboy

jg25

Hope I'm asking in the correct area and it's okay to ask here but is the Chocolate Cowboy still working onboard NCL Escape?

We've recently booked the Escape again, he was fantastic last time round at 5.00 somewhere bar!

Are you sure about that?

On the transatlantic he kept appearing all over the place. I think there were about 3 or 4 of him onboard. :)

Haaa! He was our regular bartender at The Chill Bar in Margaritaville, then he'd also be our bartender in Headliners. I'd see that cowboy hat everywhere.

Haaa! He was our regular bartender at The Chill Bar in Margaritaville, then he'd also be our bartender in Headliners. I'd see that cowboy hat everywhere.

And he was in o'Sheehans a lot as well as a few other places.

On one occasion he had served us at Spice (I think it was) and then we headed downstairs to o'Sheehans and there he was waiting for us. :)

There were at least 3 of him, I tell you. :)

After all that great feedback yesterday we've gone and changed our plans. Changed cruise to Getaway departing Miami on the same date as we were advised to do so by friends who'd sailed out of NYC last October. Only had 2 days of sun the whole week as far as Bahamas.

As were Irish the sun is kind of important in selecting the right cruise!

Who knows maybe we will find him onboard Getaway!

We just talked to him a couple of weeks ago. We were in Jan Juan, on the Jade. He calls, out of the blue, to tell us he was on vacation. He's not going to the Joy now. Great news! He is staying on the Escape for his next contract. He'll be back in March. Not sure of the exact date. 2018 is too far away to know anything about that. He's really good guy.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

We just talked to him a couple of weeks ago. We were in Jan Juan, on the Jade. He calls, out of the blue, to tell us he was on vacation. He's not going to the Joy now. Great news! He is staying on the Escape for his next contract. He'll be back in March. Not sure of the exact date. 2018 is too far away to know anything about that. He's really good guy.

Which means that Jerome and I will get to see Clarence on our March 25th sailing! Yay!

Our son and is wife met him on the Getaway November 2015. Then August of last year, hubby and I met him on the Escape. He's a great guy and actually overheard us talking to another couple about our son being a law enforcement officer. He perks up an announces with a huge grin "I remember him....I remember him" LOL. He's makes awesome drinks and is definitely entertaining. Hope he'll still be on the Escape in September when we sail.

• 3 months later...
Just got off Escape Apr 29-May 5th. He said he will be on Escape until Jan 2018 but will be going to the Bliss in April/May when he returns from seeing his family at home.

Thank you this is the best news ever. We will get to see him again in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off Escape Apr 29-May 5th. He said he will be on Escape until Jan 2018 but will be going to the Bliss in April/May when he returns from seeing his family at home.

That really is the best news! He made my husband and I have such a great trip on the Getaway in July 2015 and we were hoping to see him again this July on the Escape. I remember him saying he wanted to be on the western itinerary so he went home once a week. I am happy for him!

Please all, his name is actually CLARENSE Bennett, from Honduras.

I have a couple of photos of him and his name tag is spelt like this.

Cheers.

I know you mean well, BUT, Clarence prefers to be called Cowboy and wears a pin on his uniform that says Cowboy along with his official NCL uniform name pin. I will always call him by the moniker he prefers. He has told me to do so.

Cowboy told me he was going to the Joy for one contract to help with training the crew. Guess this fell through and we will see him again on the Escape and then on the Bliss. Great news!

We were on ESCAPE April 22-29 and Clarence (aka: Chocolate Cowboy) from Honduras was our bartender at the outdoor 5 O'clock Somewhere bar several days during this week. It was a thrill to meet him as I have read about him so much on CC. Just as everyone else on here has described; this man is a HOOT !

I know you mean well, BUT, Clarence prefers to be called Cowboy and wears a pin on his uniform that says Cowboy along with his official NCL uniform name pin. I will always call him by the moniker he prefers. He has told me to do so.

Cowboy told me he was going to the Joy for one contract to help with training the crew. Guess this fell through and we will see him again on the Escape and then on the Bliss. Great news!

Ironically, the first time we cruised with him we called him Cowboy. The 2nd time, after noticing him telling people his name was Clarense, we called him Clarense. Never once did he hear him use the moniker Cowboy that trip.