Hotel with beach in OSJ

sydney dog

Thanks port royal. Do you know of any good local restaurants near la concha.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

IMO the "best" restaurant is Marmalade. Take the six course wine pairing menu. Book well in advance.

Best cocktail bar is The Mezzanine has a 'long' happy hour, and a great vibe. Also a good rum cabinet.

Enjoy:)

Neither are in Old San Juan... Is there even a beach in OSJ?

Geographically accepted.

People fully check out SJ Hotels, via various web sites, prior to booking. One gives their best recommendation based on personal experiences. Hence, the two selected.

Your good hotel recommendations are?

Geographically accepted.

People fully check out SJ Hotels, via various web sites, prior to booking. One gives their best recommendation based on personal experiences. Hence, the two selected.

The OP asked for hotels in Old San Juan with a nice beach.

Your good hotel recommendations are?

I recommend the Archer Hotel and the Lucerne Hotel - but they aren't in OSJ either :)

Never stayed, never heard of. Wherever located, are they considered "Budget Hotels"?

LOL - that's the point. They aren't in OSJ. They are irrelevant.

Your suggestions look like great hotels. However, the OP was looking for a hotel in OSJ with a beach. Had you simply pointed out that your two suggestions were not in OSJ, but were close, I would not have posted as there would have been no need.

Looking for a pre cruise hotel with a nice beach in OSJ. Don't need a pool, just chairs and umbrellas and food, drink

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Let's see if I can be a bit more helpful. The area known as Old San Juan doesn't have any beaches to visit, hence no hotels with a beach. The closest hotel with a beach is the Caribe Hilton which is located between the Condado area and OSJ. It's about two miles from the lower entrance to San Cristobal fort. You could say that's the beginning of the northern part of OSJ. The Caribe Hilton has a very nice, semi protected beach. Other hotels like La Concha, Vanderbilt (VERY up-scale), Hilton Condado Plaza and Marriott Stellaris (to name a few) are located in Condado, 3-4 miles from OSJ. The Vandebilt doesn't even really have a beach. Guests have access to the beach behind neighbor La Concha.

As far as restaurants go, Marmalade is well regarded as an upscale restaurant with great food. But the only thing local about it is that it's located in San Juan (and maybe uses local ingredients). Their menu is available online. If you're looking for local food within Old San Juan, you can try Raices, Cafe Puerto Rico, Punto de Vista or Cafe Manolin (old school dinner-style where the locals have lunch). Barrachina is another great restaurant that, price-wise, would slot in between Marmalade and the rest.

La Concha has two great restaurants on-site in Perla and Serafina. Other restaurants in the area are Cayo Blanco and 1919 at Vanderbilt (very uspcale). If looking into something more authentic and no frills Hacienda Don José and Ropa Vieja are also within walking distance from La Concha.

Favorite hotel with a beach: St. Regis Bahia Beach. But, alas, not in San Juan ;)

I think we tend to think of OSJ as the crowded old part of town (hence "Old San Juan) that is up against the bay with the one ship port (the other being Pan Am). No beach, just a seawall and a decent malacon. Now, if you can do with a pool in OSJ instead of a nonexistent beach, the Sheraton OSJ has a rooftop pool. Right on the malacon across from the OSJ pier.