Regal Club Class

deise17311

Hi all - just off regal in club class - in concerto dining room a small section reserved for CC - maybe because so many dining options but regular anytime dining never had a wait that we saw ( we dined from 6-7) for either breakfast or dinner - cc was very pleasant and in no way inhibited nor took away from the dining room - literally the section to the right and most people were totally unaware of it and honestly could not even see it - very well done - I reiterate that anytime dining had no lines and no wait

Great report' date=' thanks.

Did you notice if tables for two were readily available, in Club Class?

How were the special table side preparations?

When we were there, there were only 3 other tables eating lots of empty tables in CC the entire trip-

Great report' date=' thanks.

Did you notice if tables for two were readily available, in Club Class?

How were the special table side preparations?

Oh and the table side was really a stagnant set up that served an additional item for one of the mains and at breakfast it made omelets:

Prime rib got shrimp

Filet got shrimp

Tuna grilled one night

Things such as this -

We were right near the entrance and so have a birds eye view and never once was there a wait for ATD - for both breakfast and dinner, never a waiter and I don;t know about other ships but on Regal it seemed like a natural fit and other diners could not even see CC and frankly were unaware of it -

Thank you for your report. I love the option to order an omelet prepared nearby. Did you order omelets for breakfast? If so, how were they? We are debating reserving the Crown Grill for a night or two. Did you try the specialty restaurants? Did you feel that the service and presentation in CC dining was a step above the MDR? Did you have different servers each night?

Thank you for your report. I love the option to order an omelet prepared nearby. Did you order omelets for breakfast? If so, how were they? We are debating reserving the Crown Grill for a night or two. Did you try the specialty restaurants? Did you feel that the service and presentation in CC dining was a step above the MDR? Did you have different servers each night?

We were on the Regal last week also in a CC cabin; R428 to be exact. We did not find that CC dining was much of a step-up from normal anytime dining. The little extras in the dining room were hardly even noticeable. A couple of exceptions of major items in CC that were not on the main MDR menu was a tuna steak one evening, and Osso buco another evening (neither one was memorable - - in a good way). No tableside cooking at least the five nights we were there (unless you count across the room as tableside, it may have been for a table or two). To avoid the formal dress code we did dine in the Specialty Restaurants both formal nights. The SRs are no comparison to CC dining; better food, and better service. The last two Princess cruises we only had our evening meals in the SRs. Even with the extra costs they were worth it for those two cruises.

One thing that I asked my wife the last night is if she remembered getting any meal that was still hot. Like me, none were much more than room temperature, even the ones cooked by the Head Waiter a few feet from us. Could not figure out how food could get cool so quick.

Only had CC breakfast once and that was the morning of disembarkation. That was a nice diversion from the typical, last morning, Horizon Court jam party. We would have went to the CC dining room more for breakfast, but my wife is not an early riser and does not care much for breakfast anyway (at least before noon LOL).

All in all, CC was disappointing to us. Luckily we only paid about $100 p/p for the experience - - we did not over pay.

To make matters even more disappointing, we were on Celebrity's Silhouette in December. We paid for a last minute upgrade from an AQ2 QTY to a Sky Suite (SS2) for only $300@. In my opinion, Princess is attempting to compete with Celebrity by developing the Club Class. They have a long way to go to even come close. And the Silhouette cruise was less expensive with a nearly identical itinerary.

Edited by sptrout

Hi all - just off regal in club class - in concerto dining room a small section reserved for CC - maybe because so many dining options but regular anytime dining never had a wait that we saw ( we dined from 6-7) for either breakfast or dinner - cc was very pleasant and in no way inhibited nor took away from the dining room - literally the section to the right and most people were totally unaware of it and honestly could not even see it - very well done - I reiterate that anytime dining had no lines and no wait

Were you seated in Club Class or just viewing it from afar?

Were you seated in Club Class or just viewing it from afar?

We were in club class and liked a table for 2 away from others that happened to be near the entrance with a direct view of those coming in for dinner - never a line, never a wait for ATD - in fact the dining room seemed quiet and organized

We were in club class and liked a table for 2 away from others that happened to be near the entrance with a direct view of those coming in for dinner - never a line, never a wait for ATD - in fact the dining room seemed quiet and organized

You know for sure that they weren't handing our beepers to those that just arrived?

You know for sure that they weren't handing our beepers to those that just arrived?

I don't understand the post you're replying to.

Club Class, and the club class entrance is on the opposite

side of the ship from where the proletariat line of

for no-class dining.

I don't understand the post you're replying to.

Club Class, and the club class entrance is on the opposite

side of the ship from where the proletariat line of

for no-class dining.

I was asking deise17311 if he knew for a fact that since there was no line that seemed to be forming at the door where the general public entered, if they were handing out beepers.

That might explain why there were no people lining up although the wait still might have been 30 minutes or more.

People in Club Class often post that there were no problems with dining waits since they're actually isolated from the regular lineup.

Concerto was early TD before becoming Anytime at 7:30 on our two Regal cruises last year. So the reason the OP didn't see anyone lined up for ATD early was they were all one deck below at Symphony DR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is reassuring for us! Thanks.

Thanks so much for your CC Dining report. :)

Do you remember what times CC Dining was open for breakfast?

CC breakfast dining in the dining room is open at the same time the dining room is open for breakfast for all passengers.

From the time we were there between 5:30 and 7:00 no one waited they came up to the hostess and walked in - this was the whole cruise - all I can tell you is our experience in Concerto dining room - don;t know how it works or why and don't care - just sharing what we observed...

I was asking deise17311 if he knew for a fact that since there was no line that seemed to be forming at the door where the general public entered, if they were handing out beepers.

That might explain why there were no people lining up although the wait still might have been 30 minutes or more.

People in Club Class often post that there were no problems with dining waits since they're actually isolated from the regular lineup.

There were 2 doors one for CC and one for anytime - unless the other entrance on the other side was packed, our side was not - AT diners walked and were seated with no wait for our week...

Concerto was early TD before becoming Anytime at 7:30 on our two Regal cruises last year. So the reason the OP didn't see anyone lined up for ATD early was they were all one deck below at Symphony DR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but then why would the hostess say "how many in your party?" "Ok, follow me?" - I thought TD you just went to your regular table -

Maybe, but then why would the hostess say "how many in your party?" "Ok, follow me?" - I thought TD you just went to your regular table -

Perhaps people were being sent up from Symphony to fill empty tables or ones where the TD party finished early. I would expect that AT diners, seeing that only Symphony has ATD before 7:30, know to go there to check-in. Or maybe some people just figured out they could get seated faster by going to Concerto even though it wasn't AT hours yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps people were being sent up from Symphony to fill empty tables or ones where the TD party finished early. I would expect that AT diners, seeing that only Symphony has ATD before 7:30, know to go there to check-in. Or maybe some people just figured out they could get seated faster by going to Concerto even though it wasn't AT hours yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Either way, the fuss and fear on cruise critic about club class seems a little over the top - if in fact Concerto is TD until 7:30 then CC really doesn't impact it all that much....in fact those eating before 7:30 in ATD are not impacted at all by CC because its in a totally different dining room -