Question about HAL MDR dress in September

Herfnerd

Been on enough Caribbean cruises to know the MDR dress code but we are taking our first Alaskan cruise this September on the Eurodam and my question is this - I've heard that they tend to relax the dress a bit for Alaskan cruises and wondered if I would be within the dress code if I wore quarter-zip sweaters with the mock turtle neck collar with a T-shirt under to dinner?

I don't mean for our Gala nites, either.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"They" don't relax the dress code at all. It is the same on HAL, worldwide.

Some will say people don't dress up as much in Alaska, but HAL doesn't change the dress code.

I would be asking this on the HAL board.

Maybe I should have said they it seems like, from what I've read, they aren't as strict with the MDR dress code based on the destination, especially with how the airlines are with respect to luggage allowance.

From what I've researched , jeans and more casual wear seem to be more acceptable on Alaskan cruises

Since my question was related to Alaskan cruises, I thought it was appropriate to ask in this forum

And I apologize if thus reply seemed "snarky" - wasn't meant to be!

Edited by Herfnerd

Been on enough Caribbean cruises to know the MDR dress code but we are taking our first Alaskan cruise this September on the Eurodam and my question is this - I've heard that they tend to relax the dress a bit for Alaskan cruises and wondered if I would be within the dress code if I wore quarter-zip sweaters with the mock turtle neck collar with a T-shirt under to dinner?

I don't mean for our Gala nites, either.

TIA

That wold be fine. Alaska cruisers seem to trade fashion for clothing that is both comfortable and warm. There will be lots of flannel, jeans, sweaters, and even sweatshirts in the MDR during regular MDR evening. On my last 19-day cruise in Alaska, I counted lots of collared shirts on Gala Nights, many with sport jackets, and very few tuxedos.

We sailed on HAL to AK several years ago & plan to return July 2017 & found to MDR dress code to be fairly relaxed. (On the Gala night or whatever it was called last night I saw the gamut - cocktail dresses & tuxes to shirts and pants (not dress slacks - maybe Chino would be a better description).

You will be fine in that attire. My husband and I did a 2 week Holland America Alaska cruise this past September. You will absolutely see a little bit of everything in the MDR. Even on gala night we didn't get as fancy as we have in the past. Neither one of us really enjoy dressing up. We did not wear jeans to the MDR in the evening, but some people did for sure!