Seattle hotel

woodburygal

Looking for recommendations for a very nice, but economical hotel that is convenient to the cruise port. Flying in on July 8, cruising on the pearl the ninth. Which pier will we be leaving from. We are staying overnight on 7/16 as well. Thx for any and all advice. :)

Looking for recommendations for a very nice, but economical hotel that is convenient to the cruise port. Flying in on July 8, cruising on the pearl the ninth. Which pier will we be leaving from. We are staying overnight on 7/16 as well. Thx for any and all advice. :)

We stayed at the Hyatt Place downtown, near the needle, before our Pearl cruise. Was clean, reasonable, and they setup a shuttle for us to the pier for a few bucks a person. Was only a few minute ride from the hotel to the pier.

If things haven't changed from last year you'll be at Port 66. Very easy dropoff/pickup at this port.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

We'll be on the Jewel on the same dates. We booked the Hyatt House downtown which is across from the Space Needle. I like Hyatt House (or Place) because they include hot breakfast and wifi and have spacious rooms (we're 2 adults with 3 kids). Free breakfast really adds up with a family of 5. There were plenty of other options in the same geographical area for less.

I traded in credit card points, so it was free and we upgraded to a Space Needle view because my son is super excited about it. We were able to get afternoon flights home on the 16th so won't be staying over on our return.

We've stayed at the Edgewater directly next door once and another time we stayed at the Marriott directly across the street. Both were great. Water's Edge was a big pricey if I recall. But, we could open the sliding window of our room and the ship loomed directly above us which was pretty cool. Very easy to walk to Pike's Place Market from both. Just an elevator up the hill and a super short walk. Come boarding time we simply grabbed our bags and walked directly across the street.

If you fly in late & just need a place to lay your head the night before you cruise, I would stay near the airport and look at a cab/shuttle to take you to the cruise port the next day.

Downtown Seattle hotels are not usually reasonably priced on weekends in the summer. Maybe 2017 will be different! Our flight was delayed and we did not get into Seattle until 10p, so was a waste staying in the city as we literally got to the hotel, went to sleep, up the next day, had a coffee and walked to the cruise ship.

We stayed at the Belltown Inn, location was excellent for the port, easy walk to the cruise ship (all down hill). The reviews (we use trip advisor) said the hotel was an easy walk to many of the local attractions, but have no personal experience as got in too late to explore the neigbourhood.

Because we were cruising out on a Labor Day weekend, prices were even higher than normal. We paid around $280 for the room. It is a clean but an older hotel /simple. It worked for us as just a place to sleep, but I was underwhelmed by the hotel itself. We are fortunate to travel frequently, and for that price I expected more. Having said that, they were doing renovations so maybe it looks better now. Maybe the location is what is so awesome about this hotel?

So to conclude, if I really wanted to stay in the city and my budget would not allow a different hotel, I would be okay with the Belltown Inn.

Enjoy your vacation!:)