Majesty of The Seas Specialty Dining

Lurch104

Hello all!

Booked a last minute 4-night trip on Majesty of The Seas beginning February 13th and was doing a little research. It appears that this ship has no specialty dining other than Johnny Rockets, is this true? I know, buyer beware and all that but with the significant downgrade in food quality in the MDR the last few years this is unwelcome news. To make up for the lack of dining options is the food a bit better in the MDR? Any other tips for this particular vessel?

Usually, I do a bit more research but I had some time free up and this short cruise in a JS fit my schedule and will finally push me to Diamond Level so I jumped.

Any insight would be appreciated. I am sure I will have a great time but my last few cruises I ate at Chops almost exclusively.

The last time we were on Majesty, the Compass Deli (complimentary during the day) was turned into an extra cost Mexican restaurant in the evening. Charge was a flat $15 per person at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

On our last MJ cruise in June, the night time deal in the Compass Deli was advertised as a romantic dinner for two, with a charge. Never heard any plus or minus comments.

They have a special breakfast there for suite and "P's". The lunch and afternoon snacks are not bad. No big crowds, a relaxing meal.

Little known fact, the Compass Deli on MJ (the only CD in the fleet) was originally a test run for the Park Café on the soon to be built Oasis.

And yes, a Chop's is planned for the Compass Deli area and some adjacent space near by.

Also, the WJ in the evening is a good change from the MDR.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd