Quebec City to Montreal International ??

ocean.queen

Driving there isn't too bad. It's a pretty easy from Quebec City to YUL. Taking the train, while scenic, and easy, will be very costly. The airport is no where near where the train boots you off, so you'll have costs getting from downtown Montreal to the airport. I'd rent a car myself. This isn't New York City we are talking about here. Barring that, the cruise line might even have transfers to Montreal, since that will be where a lot of people get flights from.

Thanks for the help!

LHT28...I checked ViaRail and the times are very early in the am and 1:30pm which is too late to make our flight.

DanJ...We live just north of L.A. so driving is no problem for us. Do you think there is a rental car facility near the Vieux-Port in QC?

Kathy

I'm sure there are rental agencies in downtown Quebec. If not, all of the major names are available at Quebec City Airport. It's a flat $27 cab fare to YQB from downtown, or, again, I'm sure the cruise line will have a bus going there. Then you would just get on highway 40, and drive straight to Montreal, get on 520 (Dorval) on the west side and be right at YUL. This is the most direct route anyway. I think doubling back through Quebec and getting on highway 20 on the south side of the St Lawrence is a bit quicker, but also increases the chances of missing a turn off when you get to Montreal.

A list of rental agencies is at http://www.aeroportdequebec.com/english/transport.htm so you could phone them and find out if they have locations in town or shuttle service to the airport

Yes, definitely less than 4 hours. It's about 140-150 miles as said above, so if you drove like a Quebecer it would be about 2 hours or less LOL. It usually takes us 2.5-3 hours from the west side of Montreal to the Quebec City cut-off when we take the southside of the river route on our way to Halifax.

Are you doing the Sea Princess next fall? If so, it looks to me like the ship is in Quebec City for a full day before you have to leave it. If so, what I would look at doing is part of your Saturday in QC, I would arrange and pick up the rental car, and park it near the ship. The rental won't cost you any more, since you bascially have to rent it for a day anyway, and you'll just have to pay for a day of parking at the pier. This will allow you the flexibility to go and see some sights around Quebec City, plus being able to get away easy enough when you have to leave the ship.

You'll also clear US Immigration at Montreal airport, so do make sure you allow enough time for that as well as security screening.

Dan...Great idea!!! Thanks. I read on another thread that Avis had a rep at the ship, Hertz is a 5 min cab ride away and parking was a breeze. I also read about a Princess bus shuttle to Montreal...going to call them on that one. I am going to price a limo-van pick up, also...there's 4 of us so we can share the cost.

Archived