Spa room ammentities question...

CRU1Z1N

This is our first time in a spa room on the Carnival Splendor. I see online where it says the shampoo etc is "upgraded" than that in the regular staterooms.

The shampoo and body wash in the regular stateroom severely dries out my hair and skin.

Does anyone know what brand of products are in the spa staterooms? Thank you!

I find the same thing with the "regular" hair products. The "upgraded" is Elemis...it also dries out my hair...I think it's the water rather than the products. I've taken to bringing my own products - it sort of helps.

Warning from a Cloud 9 cabin purchaser...you may never go back to a "standard" cabin again. The quiet location, and more subdued decor make it an "upgraded" travel experience. :p

Warning from a Cloud 9 cabin purchaser...you may never go back to a "standard" cabin again. The quiet location, and more subdued decor make it an "upgraded" travel experience. :p

Not to mention the free slippers!

The thing we loved the most about the spa cabin was how close it was to the spa... meant we would run up there several times during the day to take advantage of the amenities... if we'd been in a regular cabin and bought the spa package, I doubt we'd have used it as much.

7276ce3c33a359e748b7abe56618ec4f.jpg2cf5e106cbad7590ec915ee9fdeeb942.jpg

This is the Elemis products and slippers you get. I read in some reviews that the Elemis products aren't replenished but ours were about half way through. The towels and wash clothes are also different compared to the ones in regular rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I read something that you have to "check" your sail n sign card and exchange it for the Spa VIP card to just get in the several places.

Is this true?

My husband and I booked an interior spa cabin 11216 any good/bad info?

Im still wondering on how big the robes are too or should i bring my own, i couldn't wear the regular robes they have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

I read something that you have to "check" your sail n sign card and exchange it for the Spa VIP card to just get in the several places.

Is this true?

My husband and I booked an interior spa cabin 11216 any good/bad info?

Im still wondering on how big the robes are too or should i bring my own, i couldn't wear the regular robes they have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

Regular size robes ....and yes you give them your room card in the spa , They give you a card that opens the doors in the spa area ... They are locked so spa users only can go in

I would love to get your feedback on your spa experiences. I'm trying to choose in purchasing the full cruise pass or not.

What did you like and use most in the spa?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Each afternoon around 4 we have a Cloud 9 "ritual" (we found that 4 was a sweet spot for quiet time). We'd head up, hit the T-pool for a bit, and then make our way from steam rooms to cooler rooms (they all range in temperature), and then finally the heated loungers, where we would just let it all just melt away. In total somewhere between an hour to an hour and a half depending on what we'd done earlier (how active, etc.). From there we'd head back to the cabin, and take turns getting showered, each of us taking the opportunity to relax on our balcony (one of us with a glass of wine, the other not) while waiting for our turn. Then we'd make our way for dinner and/or whatever we decided to do -- we have always had ytd so this has worked out for us. Honestly the Cloud 9 spa ritual is something we look forward to, and we find it difficult to even look at ships that don't have one. Our first time was on the Splendor, right when she started sailing, and we were gifted a spa balcony cabin by our long-term travel agent -- smart move on his part!

Someone asked about robes...for me, the spa robes are too heavy and bulky. I travel with my own waffle style robe for use when I go to the spa. I'll use the Cloud 9 robe on our balcony at night or early morning.

Someone mentioned buying 3 days worth of spa access. Right now, that would cost $120 ($40 x 3) whereas for our upcoming (7 day) cruise Carnival has a 20% off "spa sale" and a one-week pass for a solo is coming in at $119 - so check your sailing and see if there's a special offer.

Just booked the week in the spa for $119 - looking forward to a nice relaxing week. Tomorrow we are going to get a foot of snow! Today it's 60 degrees. The northeast is experiencing some crazy weather. What can be a better way to forget about it all than relaxing in a spa?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not to mention the free slippers!

The thing we loved the most about the spa cabin was how close it was to the spa... meant we would run up there several times during the day to take advantage of the amenities... if we'd been in a regular cabin and bought the spa package, I doubt we'd have used it as much.

The slippers was the clincher for hubby to pick a spa balcony on our upcoming Breeze cruise. I had made a list of several different types of cabins with their prices and the pros and cons. Hubby was barely listening to my long list until I read that the Spa cabins also came with free slippers. He stopped playing solitaire on his laptop immediately, turned to me and said "Slippers??? Why didn't you tell me that first???". Let's get the Spa balcony! So we did. Can't wait.

Lol

the slippers was the clincher for hubby to pick a spa balcony on our upcoming breeze cruise. I had made a list of several different types of cabins with their prices and the pros and cons. Hubby was barely listening to my long list until i read that the spa cabins also came with free slippers. He stopped playing solitaire on his laptop immediately, turned to me and said "slippers??? Why didn't you tell me that first???". Let's get the spa balcony! So we did. Can't wait.

Each afternoon around 4 we have a Cloud 9 "ritual" (we found that 4 was a sweet spot for quiet time). We'd head up, hit the T-pool for a bit, and then make our way from steam rooms to cooler rooms (they all range in temperature), and then finally the heated loungers, where we would just let it all just melt away. In total somewhere between an hour to an hour and a half depending on what we'd done earlier (how active, etc.). From there we'd head back to the cabin, and take turns getting showered, each of us taking the opportunity to relax on our balcony (one of us with a glass of wine, the other not) while waiting for our turn. Then we'd make our way for dinner and/or whatever we decided to do -- we have always had ytd so this has worked out for us. Honestly the Cloud 9 spa ritual is something we look forward to, and we find it difficult to even look at ships that don't have one. Our first time was on the Splendor, right when she started sailing, and we were gifted a spa balcony cabin by our long-term travel agent -- smart move on his part!

Someone asked about robes...for me, the spa robes are too heavy and bulky. I travel with my own waffle style robe for use when I go to the spa. I'll use the Cloud 9 robe on our balcony at night or early morning.

Someone mentioned buying 3 days worth of spa access. Right now, that would cost $120 ($40 x 3) whereas for our upcoming (7 day) cruise Carnival has a 20% off "spa sale" and a one-week pass for a solo is coming in at $119 - so check your sailing and see if there's a special offer.

Looks like Horizon does not have a T-pool. I was looking forward to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums