Booking Changes / Section 14 MSC current brochure.

sidari

It appears that MSC in their wisdom have changed this section online when you make a booking, this section covers changes made by them to itineraries and gave Four options should you not be happy with changes to a booked cruise.

The company will inform the passenger or his or her agent in writing as soon as reasonably possible,there are then four options available. 1) accept the changes, 2) booking another cruise of the same or superior quality, 3) booking another cruise of lower quality, 4) cancelling and receiving a full refund.

The following is what you now see on the UK web site.

Please also be aware that the information on this website is subject to change without notice and that MSC reserves the right to refuse or honour any prices that are erroneously published or quoted. MSC Cruises reserves the right to cancel, change, modify or substitute ports and times of call at any time and for any reason whatsoever without prior notice.

It appears that MSC in their wisdom have changed this section online when you make a booking, this section covers changes made by them to itineraries and gave Four options should you not be happy with changes to a booked cruise.

The company will inform the passenger or his or her agent in writing as soon as reasonably possible,there are then four options available. 1) accept the changes, 2) booking another cruise of the same or superior quality, 3) booking another cruise of lower quality, 4) cancelling and receiving a full refund.

The following is what you now see on the UK web site.

Please also be aware that the information on this website is subject to change without notice and that MSC reserves the right to refuse or honour any prices that are erroneously published or quoted. MSC Cruises reserves the right to cancel, change, modify or substitute ports and times of call at any time and for any reason whatsoever without prior notice.

The quote in red is essentially section 17 of the T&Cs in my hardcopy April 2017 to May 2018 brochure

the same section is also in my march 2016 to April 2017 hard copy brochure,

And I'm sure if I look at all the other brochures I have it'll be the same policy

section%2017%20001.jpg

Pete

FRom the above brochure

Section 3 PRICES AND PRICE GUARANTEE

3.1 No Change to the contract price will made within the 20 day period before departure or once full payment has been received by the.w

company

3.2 The company reserves the right to modify the contract price at all times prior to those detailed in clause 3.1 to allow variations for;

a) Air transport costs

b) fuel costs for propulsion of the vessel

c) dues taxes or fees chargeable for services such as embarkation of disembarkation fees at ports or airports.

Variations may be upwards or downwards ...................................

Pete

Pete ... Yes it does say that in Section 17 but what stands out in this new part is "and for any reason whatsoever without prior notice."

That says to me that they have been getting a large number of complaints about changes pre cruise which they have now decided appears to mean you have booked you get what you are given and have no choice but to accept it.

In another thread which you may have seen there are people making a booking of a given cabin number and then being bounced to Guarantee status, As long as we have been cruising with MSC which is quite short compared to some, I have never heard of them doing this.

I know it says that a booked cabin is not a guarantee but they appear to be becoming more extreme in how they operate.

In another thread which you may have seen there are people making a booking of a given cabin number and then being bounced to Guarantee status, As long as we have been cruising with MSC which is quite short compared to some, I have never heard of them doing this.

I know it says that a booked cabin is not a guarantee but they appear to be becoming more extreme in how they operate.

I agree with you on that, Dave ............. there's a sense that it's becoming more prevalent. Until last year I'd never been offered a 'Guarantee' booking. Within six months I've gotten 2 upgrades - 1 from the 'Guarantee' and the second was after choosing a particular cabin.

I wonder if they are saying this now because they are having problems running the "bus service" style of cruise with the multiple embarkation/disembarkation ports. This will give them more leeway to fill the berths available at any given time.

It must be a logistical nightmare to have cabins available on different days on the same cruise.

Pete

...................... Probably even more so now as they expand the fleet.

It doesn't augur well for the future if you make a booking based on a particular cabin being available, only to find it gets changed - especially if that change seems arbitrary. I have a cruise booked for later in the year; one of the deciding factors was the cabin I chose. I'd attempted to book this same cruise whilst onboard Sinfonia last year but the cabin choices available put me off. I'll be checking 'My Bookings' online from here on to see if there are any changes made.