Balcony doors

ckmommy72

We have 2 balcony cabins booked on the Pride. Deck 5, obstructed view. DH and I will be staying in one and the kids (12 and 15) in the other. I would have loved connecting rooms, but none were available. From researching the ship, it looks like there are doors between the balconies. Can they be opened? Left open? Wouldn't exactly be connecting rooms, but the next best thing.

Thanks!

Hoping for an answer to your question. I know that on some balconies it is possible to open the door between, but not on all balconies. I know on our upcoming cruise, we made sure that opening them was possible, but I am wondering who to contact about opening them.

We have done this many times. Just email Guest Service at Carnival with the two booking numbers and they will make sure it is done when you get there. I have been told there is a issue that they must notify the Coast Guard when they do this so notifying them ahead of time makes it easier. not sure if the Coast Guard thing is true but we have never had any problems and it has always been done before we get to our room.

How early do you think? I'm going with a group of 4 rooms on Dream in June 2018 and want them all opened. When should I request this?

Pretty sure this cant be done. Last cruise we had 3 rooms and wanted them all opened and they would only open 2 of the doors. Said it couldnt be done to the third one. I would call and ask.

How early do you think? I'm going with a group of 4 rooms on Dream in June 2018 and want them all opened. When should I request this?

As soon as you board. There is info on cruisedeckplans.com also. Go to your ship, scroll down to

Extra information, pick deck, go to cabin and it will tell you.

We have done this many times. Just email Guest Service at Carnival with the two booking numbers and they will make sure it is done when you get there. I have been told there is a issue that they must notify the Coast Guard when they do this so notifying them ahead of time makes it easier. not sure if the Coast Guard thing is true but we have never had any problems and it has always been done before we get to our room.

Thanks for the tip - I've sent an email to see if I can request this in advance and will follow up with the result!

We've never had an issue just asking the room steward to do it when we board. They always do it right away.

They can usually only open every other balcony door. As a rule, if the cabins have connecting inside doors, they don't have connecting balconies.