Incorrect Account Charges

Payd

Just back from our cruise on the Reflection.

A charge on our account that appeared only after we left the ship. Note: we had obc that covered all charges (spent 299 of 300).

I called Celebrity and they located a receipt for charges for wine by the glass in the dining room (second last night).

We had classic pkg and the full wait staff knew that.

The charges are for 2 glasses of wine totalling 42 and change.

Will this charge be reversed as requested?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

I don't think you will have any trouble having the charge resolved. I would call Captain's Club and explain to them. In addition I would file a dispute with your credit card company.

In the past I have been charged for things like an Umbrella and items from the mini-bar that we had not used. In all cases the charges were reversed and refunded.

We cruise quite often and has occasionally happened on different lines.

I now have a cash account:D:D

On Celebrity I have up to $400 credit and on Cunard and probably our next Pando cruise, no credit - have to lodge a deposit which is returned on the last day. But this is mostly irrelevant as we have obc:D

It is just irritating to have a nil balance and then find extras charged which are not ours, on our return home. 'Phone calls etc. to dispute charges which are not mine, I can well do without:eek:

We never had a problem until our last trip. There were 6 accounts in our group and 5 of them had overcharges. In each case it was for beverages even though we had beverage packages.

Guest relations removed the charges, but it was a good reminder to check your bill on your television before the last evening.

We never had a problem until our last trip. There were 6 accounts in our group and 5 of them had overcharges. In each case it was for beverages even though we had beverage packages.

Guest relations removed the charges, but it was a good reminder to check your bill on your television before the last evening.

Thanks. We actually did check. We didn't get a "bill" or print out because we failed to spend the final dollar. Go figure. Oh well. I'm sure it will be resolved, it's just a hassle.

Sorry to hear you had "over" charges also...

We cruise quite often and has occasionally happened on different lines.

I now have a cash account:D:D

On Celebrity I have up to $400 credit and on Cunard and probably our next Pando cruise, no credit - have to lodge a deposit which is returned on the last day. But this is mostly irrelevant as we have obc:D

It is just irritating to have a nil balance and then find extras charged which are not ours, on our return home. 'Phone calls etc. to dispute charges which are not mine, I can well do without:eek:

Exactly...a hassle to deal with it when you get home.

We have always guaranteed with a credit card. Not sure if Canadians can do a cash account (aren't these always with a debit rather than cash)?

Have you all ever paid off the rest of your cruise and be charged too much ? We had $498 left to pay on our cruise for April , just paid it off and noticed more money was missing out of the account than it was suppose to be . Look online at our statement and said Royal Caribbean charged us $573 . On RC site it says they we only paid $498 but our statement (and missing money) says differently .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you all ever paid off the rest of your cruise and be charged too much ? We had $498 left to pay on our cruise for April , just paid it off and noticed more money was missing out of the account than it was suppose to be . Look online at our statement and said Royal Caribbean charged us $573 . On RC site it says they we only paid $498 but our statement (and missing money) says differently .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This hasn't happened to us. Not once in 30+ cruises. I hope it's easily resolved.

We Sailed on the Reflection Jan 21-28, and had the premium beverage package. 5 separate times we were charged for drinks that were covered by the package. Guest relations quickly reversed them and apologized, stating sometimes they don't pay attention. All of the charges were from the theater. Annoying, but there were no problems getting it resolved.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

We have had this happen several times. Most were mini bar charges--that we never used. The last time was on the Reflection Jan 14, 2017 sailing. I inventoried the refrig with the cabin attendant on his first visit. I did that because there were less items in the refrig than normal--he said Celebrity was not filling them so full anymore. The last night I took screen shots of our bills (both names) so we had some background info. Luckily, I checked the TV screen early the last night and saw the added items. I went to guest relations and only 3 people were in front of me in line. They deleted the extra charges. The next morning, the line was a zoo...:eek:

Good day everyone!

Thought I should post a quick update.

This has been resolved, and a refund is being processed.

It took longer than I would have thought, but the staffer I spoke with said he had been out of the office a few days.

Happy it has worked out.