What size Lido tray to bring

slivers

There is always someone that will help you, ....

Really? REALLY??? :eek:

I can't tell you the number of times I have needed assistance and it simply is not there. Period. :mad: That assistance was promised when trays were removed from the Lido, and that assistance did not materialize on any consistent basis.

I was left to take care of myself, and have managed to do that on many, many cruises. You would be surprised how creative disabled people can be. :rolleyes:

Really? REALLY??? :eek:

I can't tell you the number of times I have needed assistance and it simply is not there. Period. :mad: That assistance was promised when trays were removed from the Lido, and that assistance did not materialize on any consistent basis.

I was left to take care of myself, and have managed to do that on many, many cruises. You would be surprised how creative disabled people can be. :rolleyes:

More power to you for your creativity.. LOL

I'm 70+, have had two disks removed, a total of 4 other spinal surgeries, 2 bad knees and arthritis. I manage very well most of the time however there are those times, after a morning walking around a port town or excursion, where I must use a cane (I always carry a folding cane in a backpack wherever I go). I cannot imagine trying to negotiate between food and beverage stations using a tray on a SHIP NOT DESIGNED FOR CAFETERIA STYLE TRAY USE, either with or without my cane?

If we arrive in the buffet and see it is very crowded we find a table first then one of use goes to get our food and beverages, yes one plate and a glass or two at a time, then the other goes. We do try however to arrive before or after the crowds when possible.

bosco

he dumps the additional food from the second plate into his first and hands off the empty. Sounds sloppy.

First thought was the serving areas are not set up for collecting dirty dishes. Granted they would have a place for the occasional mistake but I usually don't associate food serving areas with places where plates would have leftovers scraped off. Usually that's at a bus station (of the restaurant type) or a collection window for the washing area.

I can't tell you the number of times I have needed assistance and it simply is not there. Period.

Ruth this is seriously disheartening compared to our 1st HAL cruise 15 years ago. Even when they had trays on Veendam someone was instantly at the side of my wife's wheelchair with a tray to carry her selections and they scooped up whatever she wanted since she could not reach them. Usually my job - but hey, I get a vacation sometimes too. ;) Hoping HAL's standards for service have not deteriorated that much. We have four other lines we can use (and afford) out of Seattle.

In the Lido on the Zuiderdam staff served the beverage of your choice - water, tea, coffee or lemonade. Between clearing tables they'd go around and ask what you'd like or even if you needed refills. Yes, you could get your own but it was nice to not have to balance drinks while maneuvering the buffet crowds.

Learning here about anti-cross contamination rules and multiple "small" plates, we're going to bring cafeteria or fast food style trays with us on upcoming Kdam cruise. Apparently other pax have done so successfully. Standard sizes seem to be 10" x 14" or 12" x 16". Any suggestions as to what size would work well? Thanks!

While trays would be helpful for handicapped with a method of carrying them, the Kdam Lido is not set up for trays to be used. Also the quoted "standard sizes" are absurd. A 10" x 14" tray would hold one plate - and a 12" x 16" might carry a plate and a glass. Just as easy to carry without a tray. Get a ruler and a plate from your kitchen cabinet and compare. Anything less than 18" x 24" would be close to useless.